Is this a reputable online dive store?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They still have a healthy website at Virginia Scuba, so maybe one of their instructors moved to cave country and opened a new store using the reputation of the old store? Out of curiosity, why not use dive gear express or dive right in scuba or tech diving limited? Those guys have been around for a long time, and have a great reputation.

Last edited:
They either don't stock the item I want or have it for almost double the price...

Sometimes, not always, there is a reason for the lower price. Not accusing anyone of anything here, but think about that for a second.... :)

Sometimes, not always, there is a reason for the lower price. Not accusing anyone of anything here, but think about that for a second.... :)

That's why he's asking, right? :)

I've never ordered from this site but a quick reference check shows that they are in fact a Halcyon dealer. Nothing is screaming scam to me.

---------- Post added August 11th, 2013 at 08:37 AM ----------

They still have a healthy website at Virginia Scuba, so maybe one of their instructors moved to cave country and opened a new store using the reputation of the old store? Out of curiosity, why not use dive gear express or dive right in scuba or tech diving limited? Those guys have been around for a long time, and have a great reputation.

BTW, it's funny. 15 months ago I came out of a 6 retirement and was looking for brand new gear. I had never heard of DRIS and when I mentioned it to another coworker who had never heard of them his reaction was that DRIS was a scam for being similar in name to Dive Rite.

They either don't stock the item I want or have it for almost double the price...

Double the price? that surprises me as in my experience DGX have very good prices. What specifically are you looking for?

I also notice that the OP is over seas. This might add additional considerations in terms of shipping and service.

I've never ordered from this site but a quick reference check shows that they are in fact a Halcyon dealer.
That sounds good enough to me, thank you.

Double the price? that surprises me as in my experience DGX have very good prices. What specifically are you looking for?
In search of an aluminum OMS backplate.

I also notice that the OP is over seas. This might add additional considerations in terms of shipping and service.
Shipping will be done via a third party, so regular US shipping is all that is relevant regarding that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom