Instructor presentations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIDIVER501:
At the IE I had to teach repetitive dives with the Wheel.
Funny becuase lately the only time a teach the wheel is to divemaster candidates and AI candidates. Every one uses the Flat RDP mostly becuase it is less expensive.
I got a wheel problem at my IE as well. Man, I was thinking the whole time before the evaluator gave us our assignments, "Please don't get the wheel, please don't get the wheel"...and of course what happens, I get the wheel!

For my PADI IE, I had....ehh...something about oxygen delivery stuff and rescue divers. Forgot the exact topic :wink:

Come on...! The wheel is not really difficult, guys. Cumbersome, perhaps, but not difficult :)

My greatest issue with the Wheel is, that I cannot find two which give the same results for the same dives :( After a series of repetetive dives, it's not unusual to have two wheels end up up to two preasure groups apart. For that reason, I prefer not to teach the Wheel to new divers.

scubaculture:
Hey

A quick question for any instructor out there, what was your topic your final presentation? Not sure if you have to do one with PADI/CMAS/SSI but I know you have to do one with NAUI.

I did "technical applications to nontechnical diving."

Extra mask, safety sausage with line spool, jon line for boat dives, backup lights at all times, dual knives at all times, mirror for signalling and for bubble checks, deep stops, etc. as topics within the presentation.

NAUI has since adopted the deep stops procedure, but that was just a coincidence.

IndigoBlue:
NAUI has since adopted my deep stops procedure, but that was just a coincidence.

Dr. Weinke? Is that you?

:wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Dr. Weinke? Is that you?

:wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am sure Dr. BRW is indeed the one who finally persuaded them. But it did take him quite some time to accomplish it.

Fortunately the Freedom To Teach allows you to teach as you see fit.

IndigoBlue:
I am sure Dr. BRW is indeed the one who finally persuaded them. But it did take him quite some time to accomplish it.

Yes ... and I'm sure he found your research most useful ... :jester:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

voop:
Come on...! The wheel is not really difficult, guys. Cumbersome, perhaps, but not difficult :)

My greatest issue with the Wheel is, that I cannot find two which give the same results for the same dives :( After a series of repetetive dives, it's not unusual to have two wheels end up up to two preasure groups apart. For that reason, I prefer not to teach the Wheel to new divers.
Your right the wheel isn't difficult, but finding two that give you the same results can very well be. At any rate, I never mess with the wheel which is why I didn't want to get it for a presentation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom