Hints for packing for first liveaboard trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure the clips you bring are plastic--I used metal ones once and after only two days they were corroding and getting rust stains on my swimsuits. Harbor Freight sells them cheap.

I've only been on four different boats, but they all had ID guides.

What kind of plastic clips do you recommend? I went to the Harbor Freight site but they had lots of clips. Thanks!

What kind of plastic clips do you recommend? I went to the Harbor Freight site but they had lots of clips. Thanks!

I wouldn't bother with clips. Use shoe laces or string to tie bathing suits to the railings.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I buy the cheap ones that are about 2 and a half inches long and come in a multi pack. They are only about $1 for six. I hang all my wet things on the railing and between the sun and the wind they dry in no time.

okay, back from a week on the Rocio del Mar and used every one of my four bathing suits; could have used more cover-ups, though. Three hats were just enough. You can leave (most of) the underwear at home. We all pretty much wore a bathing suit all the time.

We brought clips, but couldn't find a place to use them. We tied our suits to the railings to dry.

As for socks--my gym socks were way too short; a very nice fellow passenger lent me a pair of scuba socks (basically thick knee-highs) and they helped with the blisters on my ankles. Will never go on another dive trip without them!

You don't have to clip the clothes onto anything--you wrap the clothes around the railing and then clip the clothes to themselves.
I have 1 ml neoprene "socks" that go up above the ankle. There are no soles on them so you wouldn't want to shore dive with them, but they are perfect for boat diving.

I hope you had an awesome time on your trip!

D'oh, H20Gal--that does make sense! And those are exactly the kind of socks I am talking about--saved my poor feet, for sure!

We had an awesome trip--am writing a report RIGHT NOW.

Lycra scuba socks changed my life.

Are you guys saying you are using those socks with full foot fins?

Definitely for full foot fins as they prevent the chafing of the rubber on the skin. But I use them for full foot fins and open heel fins. They make getting into the wet suits easier and also prevent any chafing from the tops of the booties.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I use my lycra socks to stop the blisters and painful rub/burn marks from my booties, that go with my open heel fins. This was recommended to me years ago by a professional underwater photog Bert, can't think of his last name right now. In any event, big up to Burt, 'cause he changed my life. Thanks Burt!!

Back
Top Bottom