Hints for packing for first liveaboard trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd add a good book and Immodium to the list. Depending on where you're going, the food might be different than what you're accustomed to.

Power strip, lycra socks, reading materials, large clips.

if you didn't bring it, it's not on the boat.

Rich
I just got off that boat two weeks ago. This is what I packed.

3 swim suits
3 rash guards
1 change of clothes to fly home in
1 pair of shorts to sleep in

An extra change of clothes would have been nice for Friday night. If you get cold they have GREAT robes in your room. I only used a hooded vest at night, and only to keep the bloodworms out of my ears. The water is great. You're going to love it. Tell the Crew hey.

Take a couple of recent paper back books and once you read them, swap them for some old ones in the boat library. The crew love to get new reading material.

Make sure you bring enough batteries as well as night lights and a tank marker light (non flashing).

Also bring an iPod with a wide range of music. Again the crew likes to hear "different" music in the salon.

No shoes are required on this boat and there are no mid week shore excursions. So travel sandals should be fine for the plane trips.

Collapsable luggage like a duffle bag is best, although they do store hard sides for you.

If you are travelling alone, you'll be sharing your cabin with another diver (unless you have paid the single supplement or the boat is not full). Request the lower bunk because it is a double bed and more convenient. The cabin layout makes the upper bunk a bit awkward.

If you are travelling alone, you'll be sharing your cabin with another diver (unless you have paid the single supplement or the boat is not full). Request the lower bunk because it is a double bed and more convenient. The cabin layout makes the upper bunk a bit awkward.

Also absolutely remember ear plugs for a snoring room mate and if you snore then take some for him !!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm also going on my first liveaboard dive trip (Rocio del Mar) next week. Forgive my ignorance, but why so many rash guards? I am bringing the one I own, but hadn't thought I'd need more.

I'm also going on my first liveaboard dive trip (Rocio del Mar) next week. Forgive my ignorance, but why so many rash guards? I am bringing the one I own, but hadn't thought I'd need more.
Not a need, but it's just nice to have a dry one to get into. Usually there is a place to hang suits so they dry fairly quickly, but probably not before the next dive. On land, often you'll do 2 boat dives and maybe not take it off or only to the waist, then it has until the afternoon to dry. On a liveaboard you'll want to take it off after each dive (as it's easy and more comfortable, plus they don't like wet stuff inside.) Then an hour or 2 later you'll be gearing up again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom