xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we still talking about this?

About what? Until TDG actually delivers anything meaningful, there is no "this".

I be at TekDive. The xDeep comp "looks" nice. Delivery seems to be an issue. I can't speak to quality as I have not tried one. Though the xDeep guys seem to like them :)

on the other hand, a couple of people here who have tried them have told me that there are serious issues with resetting during a dive...shutting down. Again....I have zero first hand knowledge of this.

TEKDiveUSA is underway now. Is anyone there?

I was there today, really good conference. There were no computers for sale, but no one really had much stuff for sale mainly demos. The xDeep black looks good, pretty easy to use and the compass is very nice. Trimix model GF is adjustable in increments of +-10. ie GF high 70 or 80 or 90. The display is large and bright. Very readable even at a distance.
the buttons seem odd to me, they require very deliberate presses. I was told it was to avoid hitting buttons by mistake like the x1. I prefer the quick response of the petrel buttons, but I would have to use the black in the water to see/feel if it actually makes a huge difference.

I was diving earlier this week, my instructor had a xDeep Black and the temperate was displaying 17° water temp, when the actual temp was 43°. Other than that the display was beautiful underwater. I want one!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hilarious. After all the waiting, it hits the secondary market first.

Another first -> No "two week" delivery" promise at a trade show. Hooray! Looks like they've learned at last - Glory be to SB.

I was diving earlier this week, my instructor had a xDeep Black and the temperate was displaying 17° water temp, when the actual temp was 43°. Other than that the display was beautiful underwater. I want one!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mine too.
I'm waiting for a response from Xdeep. Gonna change it to metric units next week - we'll see.

Hilarious. After all the waiting, it hits the secondary market first.

Another first -> No "two week" delivery" promise at a trade show. Hooray! Looks like they've learned at last - Glory be to SB.

I should clarify a little. I still harbor no ill towards xDeep or TechDiveGear, both Piotr and Sebastian were great every time we spoke, and the BT does seem to be a neat little unit. I simply favor the Petrel's user changeable battery, information delivery, and menu format.

bad news ! As you know, we here in HK already have the black and there are reports of it blocking up. Attached is a screenshot from the HK tec divers site.

It appears the computer is very conservative and locks up easily. This one guy was just using it for recreational diving and it locked up even though his Suunto kept working. See the thread here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stealth20/

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom