xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Give them a break...I'm sure it's a small bug that is already in the works for an update.

A small bug is one that causes annoyance when trying to upload your dive log, not one that locks up your :censored: computer during a :censored: dive.

I have seen many brands do the same....yes, it can be a small bug or issue with the computer. I have sent every make of computer back to the manufacturer....for issues of them not working before, during, or after a dive. That doesn't mean that 100% of that computer are bad. That same list I listed, has all had issues with computers before, during, and after a dive.

If you think I am wrong, please tell me 1 dive computer that hasn't had any issues?

I have seen many brands do the same....yes, it can be a small bug or issue with the computer. I have sent every make of computer back to the manufacturer....for issues of them not working before, during, or after a dive. That doesn't mean that 100% of that computer are bad. That same list I listed, has all had issues with computers before, during, and after a dive.

If you think I am wrong, please tell me 1 dive computer that hasn't had any issues?

Nobody's making any of the claims you're responding to, but calling a bug that SHUTS OFF YOUR COMPUTER DURING A DIVE a "small bug" is unmitigated horse:censored:. I don't care if it's an Atomic, a Shearwater, a Liquivision, or this piece of near-vaporware: if it has a bug that causes the computer to stop working during a dive, that's a big Goddamn bug they'd better quash fast.

Being in the market for a new computer myself, I have been watching this thread for a while - it is comical and tragic at the same time. I made the choice today to go with proven technology and order a Petrel. I can't imagine that I'll regret the choice. I'm fairly certain that I can trust DGE and that it will be here Tuesday as scheduled. Good luck to all of you who are holding out for the Xdeep.

Lefrogster, did you contact Xdeep or the retailer you bought it from? What did they say?

Hadn't had the time yet, DRIS, but I have hopes that this is a software rather than hardware issue. The depth was correctly reading 0m the whole time I was at the surface, so the mechanics look sound. Its just that for some reason, on this dive, at 0m it didn't enter into surface mode and end the dive. Probably something to do with software. But I hope they have some SW developers to work on these issues the same time they're trying to ramp up production!

I'd hold off on getting a Nitrox or TMX upgrade for the moment, though. They need to get the BT bugs out first before I'd even consider the other modules which are about a thousand times more difficult in terms of software development.

---------- Post added May 10th, 2014 at 09:10 AM ----------

hey all, in case you're wondering about battery life, on a fully charged unit, after 9 x 1hr dives, and 1 dive lasting 5 hrs, I consumed about 70% of the battery life. The display was set on 'auto' which automatically dims under low light conditions, which is noticeable when you go deep.

Nobody's making any of the claims you're responding to, but calling a bug that SHUTS OFF YOUR COMPUTER DURING A DIVE a "small bug" is unmitigated horse:censored:. I don't care if it's an Atomic, a Shearwater, a Liquivision, or this piece of near-vaporware: if it has a bug that causes the computer to stop working during a dive, that's a big Goddamn bug they'd better quash fast.

He was on the surface...not 100ft below the surface....and it's a bottom timer, not a calculating dive Computer. Plus, you shouldn't have that much faith in any computer that you can't make it back if it fails.....lots have failed in MUCH worse conditions. Hence, redundancy. It's also a bottom timer Doc, not a dive computer...it counts...that's it. It's not telling him how long he can stay underwater or when he has to surface or calculating deco.

I do agree with you that it needs to be fixed fast, and I'm sure it was a minor unidentified bug or Xdeep wouldn't have released it with the issue. It already sounds like they are working on the fix and about ready to release it.

Mike-it's getting really hard to defend these nincompoops. You're now suggesting that the batch "waiting in customs" already need updating? You going to sell those with the bug or update them all? I assume the latter at other than the customer's expense.

Mike-it's getting really hard to defend these nincompoops. You're now suggesting that the batch "waiting in customs" already need updating? You going to sell those with the bug or update them all? I assume the latter at other than the customer's expense.

Not trying to defend or offend anyone, but I use a Suunto Vyper air. After four dives it failed on me and had to be replaced. Now after only a year it has another problem. At the end of a Dive when my air starts getting low, it losses connection with the transmitter and flashes "Fail" on the screen. Good thing I carry a backup. So even the big names in the business have their share of issues.

Also, it is jot unusual, with modern technological marvels for them to require a software update the first time you turn them on. Who knows how long they have been in the box? Its usually as simple as connecting the device to a computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Careful. If you're aware that there is a required known update - you are obliged to remediate before sale. Negligence laws and all that silly stuff.

Back
Top Bottom