Bright Weights, The worlds most advanced ballast system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

every page under the "products" menu on your website gives an error.

Exactly what I pointed out on her original post, never got a response though and clearly it hasn’t been fixed. Kind of tough to expand in the US market if your website doesn’t even work.

Exactly what I pointed out on her original post, never got a response though and clearly it hasn’t been fixed. Kind of tough to expand in the US market if your website doesn’t even work.

Minor technical problem---------------------lololol

OP, how much do your weights cost???.....I'm betting a pretty 'bright' penny???????..Hard to tell from/on your web site:)

Looks like an overly complicated approach to something that's already addressed neatly by SS plates, etc., and is a horrible garish colour to boot. I'll pass.

whats with the 144p product video? I basically can't make out what and where is the weight system on the diver. After spending 5 minutes on the website, I still don't have any idea what the products are and how they work.

Minor technical problem---------------------lololol

OP, how much do your weights cost???.....I'm betting a pretty 'bright' penny???????..Hard to tell from/on your web site:)

In South Africa, they're about US$25 for a belt + US$6 per 500g/ ~1.1lb weight. I have no idea how that stacks up to traditional weight belts or what their other products cost.

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2014 at 08:57 PM ----------

Looks like an overly complicated approach to something that's already addressed neatly by SS plates, etc., and is a horrible garish colour to boot. I'll pass.

I don't think any of their products are particularly complicated. But I also don't think they solve anything that can't be solved perfectly well in other ways. They do come in different colours, of which one is good old black. Personally, I find their weight belts a little more comfortable than traditional weight belts, but they're probably a bit pricier. Their weights and belts are available in pretty much every dive shop here. If they weren't, I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to order online.

Hi Nimoh

Sorry about that!

Thanks for informing me about the problem.

We have been experiencing some technical problems with the website, will have it fixed by this afternoon.

We should be launching a new site in the next couple of days, an upgrade to the old site.

Thank you for visiting our website and replaying to this thread.

---------- Post added June 4th, 2014 at 02:00 PM ----------

I totally believe is this product and believe in its integrity and quality. I believe all divers should use this system, if not bright weights then an other product similar to it.

The cylinder weights completely sorted my trim out and it is the only ballast system that I use. Once the cylinder harness is secured to your tank it doubles as a carrier handle and stops to cylinder from rolling when it s placed on its side during transport.
And yes I've been using it before I started to work for the company. The weights on the waist belt are smaller, cylindrical and weigh 500g per weight. Once inserted in the belt they conform to my waist quite comfortably and flex with my movements. The weights are easily inserted and removed, but has a unique locking system to stay in place. No need to unthread the belt to remove a weight and can be inserted at any place on the belt.
We even have a solution for those sagging belts, when as you go deeper and your body is compressed and your belt becomes loos and turn and gets stuck in between your BC and your body.

And yes bright weights cost a "Bright" Penny but I have been comparing it to the products that is available there in the US. We price competitively if we manage to cut out he middle man and distribute directly to the dive shops. We like to help the dive shops and schools so we don't sell directly to the public and don't plan to in the future.

We come in great color's: pink, blue, black, yellow and red.

Hi Nimoh

Sorry about that!

Thanks for informing me about the problem.

We have been experiencing some technical problems with the website, will have it fixed by this afternoon.

We should be launching a new site in the next couple of days, an upgrade to the old site.

Thank you for visiting our website and replaying to this thread.

---------- Post added June 4th, 2014 at 02:00 PM ----------

I totally believe is this product and believe in its integrity and quality. I believe all divers should use this system, if not bright weights then an other product similar to it.

The cylinder weights completely sorted my trim out and it is the only ballast system that I use. Once the cylinder harness is secured to your tank it doubles as a carrier handle and stops to cylinder from rolling when it s placed on its side during transport.
And yes I've been using it before I started to work for the company. The weights on the waist belt are smaller, cylindrical and weigh 500g per weight. Once inserted in the belt they conform to my waist quite comfortably and flex with my movements. The weights are easily inserted and removed, but has a unique locking system to stay in place. No need to unthread the belt to remove a weight and can be inserted at any place on the belt.
We even have a solution for those sagging belts, when as you go deeper and your body is compressed and your belt becomes loos and turn and gets stuck in between your BC and your body.

And yes bright weights cost a "Bright" Penny but I have been comparing it to the products that is available there in the US. We price competitively if we manage to cut out he middle man and distribute directly to the dive shops. We like to help the dive shops and schools so we don't sell directly to the public and don't plan to in the future.

We come in great color's: pink, blue, black, yellow and red.

I think you'll find a lot of the posters on this forum are using a backplate and wing system with steel backplates. I don't use them myself, but I imagine that adding another 3kg of tank weights would make most divers very top-heavy and overloaded with non-ditchable weight. I'd think the tank weights would only really be applicable to those using jacket-style BCDs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom