xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So...no comparative data to back up your claim, then? It's one thing to say you have a great compass. It's quite another to claim to have the "first and only accurate digital compass" when lots of other pieces of hardware have great digital compasses.

yes, "first and only accurate digital compass" is quoted from instructors (like above) and testers, me personally could compare only to Xeo and X1 since still own these, truly no comparison there, response time and accuracy of the BLACK is visible even in very simple navigation

again, feel free to be the judge and post your opinion here

yes, "first and only accurate digital compass" is quoted from instructors (like above) and testers, me personally could compare only to Xeo and X1 since still own these, truly no comparison there, response time and accuracy of the BLACK is visible even in very simple navigation

again, feel free to be the judge and post your opinion here

Opinions (unlike BLACKs) are like :censored:holes: everyone has one. Either you have comparative data, or you don't. Anecdote is great, but it doesn't substantiate claims to be the first/best.

Doc Lec is the new Tridacna on this thread! Sic 'em Doc.

Any news for the update " planned for may " ? is the Gf setting finaly unblocked in EANX software ?

hey all,
just to update you on my Black BT: on my last series of dives, I didn't get a recurrence of the bug that locked my computer into dive mode even when I surfaced. But I did notice a difference in depth of up to 0.8m between the Suunto and Black at around 45 m. The difference is less at shallower depths. But don't know if it gets worse as you go deeper!

Also am hearing things about buttons being stuck and defective depth sensors from other divers in Asia. Also the temp sensor is off because of heat generated by the processor.

So it might be that Asia and Europe are getting these Blacks, but it might be a kind of 'pre release' until they do a full launch in the US.

My friend received one while on his cave course in Cebu, I'm sure he'll give a few comments soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not sure of this has been covered before.
But will there be an option to plan a repetitive dive with the EANx version? I couldn't find anything about this in the manual.

I am not sure of this has been covered before.
But will there be an option to plan a repetitive dive with the EANx version? I couldn't find anything about this in the manual.

I so want that as well!!!!

hey all,
just to update you on my Black BT: on my last series of dives, I didn't get a recurrence of the bug that locked my computer into dive mode even when I surfaced. But I did notice a difference in depth of up to 0.8m between the Suunto and Black at around 45 m. The difference is less at shallower depths. But don't know if it gets worse as you go deeper!(...)

Just a thought, did you set the computer to salt or fresh water? It might explain things if you have it set to the wrong type of water.

Just as a follow-up on the temp in open water, the Black recorded the temp in the St Lawrence river as 30.3F - and it wasn't an ice dive. The water temp according to other computers was 58F. The air temp was recorded as 33F, and it was actually about 68F. A cool day, but not freezing! Otherwise, everything seemed great.

So Piotr and Sebastian, I hope the drastic temp differences are corrected soon...

Back
Top Bottom