Duamaguete - Dauin in December/January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there jan 1st -10th last year. I did both Atlantis and El Dorado. Diving was good, almost as good as Lembeh, the resort at atlantis was a lot nicer. In the end I wish I stayed at Atlantis than move to El Dorado (really only saved $30-50 night).

Here are my pics from the trip

Thanks Oren! I remember diving with you while you were at Atlantis. That baby lionfish sure looks familiar! I think you're the tallest person I ever dove with.

Those whaleshark photos look a bit out of place in amongst those macro critters, ey. :D

Thanks for your interest, the Vanuatu pics are not new (2009) and unfortunately my strobe connexions went AWOL right after Moso, hence I had to deal with avaible light on the Coolidge (?!) ...ahumm, probably why I don't show them off so easily. Anyway I've opened the gallery now.

Thanks for letting me have a look at the Coolidge photos, really appreciate it!

Mike's dive is also providing 3 dives per day on Apo.
So let's summarize we have Atlantis, Atmosphere, Mike's dive, Liquid, Pura Vida, all on 3 dives in Apo.. is there any shop missing?

Which are then those centres limited to 2 dives only?

i just went last week with Amontillado Resort - we left at around 8am, made 3 dives - with at least 1hr interval and relax time for lunch, and we arrived back to the centre at about 4pm. Amontillado is next to Liquid and one of the furthest away resorts from Apo - but nothing felt rushed - its a proper day trip and great experience.

so i guess thats 1 more dive resort to add to the list of 3-dives at Apo

My experience has always been the resorts do 3 dives in 1 day because the fee paid is per day, rather than per dive, so it makes mores sense for their guests to go and dive as much as possible rather than going to Apo just for a couple of dives and have to return again. Of course you may wish to go several times as its very lovely.

the local sites offer plenty of diversity - was just diving yesterday from Atmosphere Resort at Pyramids and Ginamaan - both artificial reefs (metal and tyres respectively) - saw numerous frogfish, thorny seahorse, ornate ghost pipefish, sawblade shrimp, candy crabs, squat lobsters, sting rays, morays, crinoid cling fish, crinoid shrimps, xeno crab......

full trip report later this week, no time now as I have to decide which sites i fancy to do do next :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom