Any reason not to do fundies equivalent with ISE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Serareth,

Both Chris and Irene are very active divers, so please do get in touch with them, rather than worrying about how regularly their blogs are updated :)

HTH
John

This to me is the biggest advantage to going the GUE route. I've been a CCR diver for the past 6 years so I'm not a GUE choir boy. But with my GUE training I can go anywhere GUE folks are and I know, and they know, that we are all on the same page as long as I'm following GUE protocol. They know I've been vetted to a very high standard and I know they have been vetted to a very high standard and I have no problem doing any dive, any where, any time with another GUE trained diver.

Yep... We'll dive with you any day, Brian. :D

Psst... December. :wink:

WTF is ISE?? I guess imitation IS(E) the sincerest form of flattery… :wink:

In all seriousness, its actually GREAT to see so many agencies following suit towards demanding good and safe diving skills that GUE has brought to the market. All in all, I see that as a good thing.

There is. China Underwater Explorers. Great guys, good divers, and a ton of fun to hang out with. Based in HK.

Theres also a few GUE instructors in China. I think Shanghai.

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the answers and PMs. I'm at the tail end of one of the busiest months I've had in years and travelling in an area with terrible wifi, but your answers and an email exchange with Irene H have me (and my fella) convinced that GUE's the way to go. Sorry for the quick note; just wanted to say thanks again and I can't wait!

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the answers and PMs. I'm at the tail end of one of the busiest months I've had in years and travelling in an area with terrible wifi, but your answers and an email exchange with Irene H have me (and my fella) convinced that GUE's the way to go. Sorry for the quick note; just wanted to say thanks again and I can't wait!

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what you decided on this. I've been wondering about GUE versus UTD here in SoCal, and this thread has been helpful.

Good luck! Hope you post a class report to let us know how it goes :)!

I joined the board recently and just came across your old post, serareth. So how did it go? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom