Any reason not to do fundies equivalent with ISE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what you decided on this. I've been wondering about GUE versus UTD here in SoCal, and this thread has been helpful.

C Dub, which way did you go? How was it? :)

C Dub, which way did you go? How was it? :)

I went with GUE. Many more GUE divers in LA/OC than UTD (I've only met one so far). Apparently there are quite a few UTD in San Diego. Anyway, I've done GUE Fundies Rec and Tec, Drysuit, Doubles, DPV1 and Tec 1. I found the training to be VERY high quality, and it is quite hard to pass if you are a 50 dive OW diver like I was. I strongly recommend GUE training.

I went with GUE. Many more GUE divers in LA/OC than UTD (I've only met one so far). Apparently there are quite a few UTD in San Diego...

Don't GUE, UTD, and other DIR divers dive with each other?

Sure they do, quite a bit. Especially on recreational profiles. I dive all the time (Rec profiles) with a UTD guy in his UTD sidemount rig. He also recently chose to take Fundies in back mounted doubles, eyeing GUE Tec 1.

But, as a newish Tec1 diver, I choose to only be a team mate with GUE for technical dives due to my own newbyness. That means, at a minimum, there is one other GUE Tec diver specifically teamed with me. Often there are other agency divers with us, in their own teams. This is not a GUE directive, it is the choice I've made.

The great thing about GUE is that you can be anywhere in the world, jump into a team, and everyone is on the same page immediately. This benefit can not be overstated.

Welcome to the darkside, glad to have another teammate!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom