What fins do you dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares Quatros, Gara freediving fins but really loving the Aeris Accel fins due to their weight (I travel to dive a lot) and great thrust - also sizing - the XS fits me perfectly.

I love my original Cressi Frogs. I just purchased the Cressi Master Frogs and while very light, the are longer than what I am used to. I second the earlier post that some of us are posting as experienced divers. However I started with the original Cressi frogs and they were great from my first dive all the way to several hundred dives. I would still have them had my luggage not been stolen last year.

Started out with some split fins that I now only use for snorkeling (and even then, only in a pinch)

Used some Aqualung Express with spring straps which are now my preferred snorkeling fins.

Currently diving with some new Scubapro hot pink Jets that were a present from my husband and I adore them!

I also agree that if they are going to be used as rental gear, just some middle of the road fins with adjustable straps for the folks who don't wear booties.

I like my Hollis F2
and some others really loved them when they tried :D

Mares Quattro Plus

Add +2 votes for Aeris Accel.
Wifey and I just did 30 dives in Bonaire with our new Aeris Accel and they are light years better than our Tusa Z2s. Lighter, smaller, cheaper, and they swim better, too. Especially in light current. The thin (cheap) rubber strap is perfect and there's no need for anything more complicated. Bonus: they fit in our carryons, so combined with our Zeagle Express Tech travel BCDs, we don't need to check bags anymore.

I have a tough time to believe that a dive shop in Port Soudan will sell mainly gear for women. I was one year ago on " le baron noir " live aboard. 12 tek divers : 11 males and only one female, my wife. Diving in Soudan is, as far as I know, a liveboard story. Most of the boats are coming from southern Egypt. A lot of dives, in search of Hammerheads, are deep dives and for experienced divers. So the idea that experienced or tek divers will "rent" or "purchase" fins in Port Soudan is, for me, unrealistic.

When it comes to women buying dive gear in Port Soudan, let me remind the author of this project and his friends that women were not allowed anymore in the "only luxury" hotel swimming pool. Reason: women swim suits are not OK with islamic rules........... True story :(.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom