First time to the Caribic Where to go ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Immeriswas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be for a sailing Trip to the BVI next year february.Afterwards we planning some time travelling around. Looking for nice corall easy diving , good Rental gear, nitrox.thanks already

If you're chartering a boat (Moorings, Sunsail etc.) in the BVI's that's done on Tortola at the Roadtown harbor and Sail Caribbean is on-site. As you move over to Virgin Gorda, DiveBVI has locations there - in the Yacht Harbor in town and at Leverick Bay on the north side. Both of their locations have on-dock fill stations. I'm reliably certain Nitrox is only available at the Yacht Harbor location but check with them - I recall they added a newer compressor at LB a few years back.

Also most of the BVI dive operators also do Rendezvous Diving, they'll meet your boat at a mooring with tanks/weights etc. Typically you call ahead on the VHF and make appointments - I think you need to set that up in advance.

Once you move to the outer islands, your options are more limited to the single shop on some of them. Sail Caribbean is on Cooper and Norman Islands, DiveBVI on Scrub Island. Paradise Watersports on Peter Island. On Jost Van Dyke it's JVD Scuba. As far as I know, there's no shop on Anegada any longer. Sunchaser is at Bitter Creek if you get up that way.

All of your options in the BVI's are listed here: bviscuba.org

Stop at the Willy T once also. The legendary floating bar and restaurant | William Thornton And Pusser's at Marina Cay. Pusser's Marina Cay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom