Cozumel Scuba Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dannybot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody use them? We're about to head down there and might need a regulator serviced. Don't really have time to get it serviced at home prior to trip.

just wanting a consumer review

They are a good professional bunch and Aldora uses them all the time. But to avoid some time and travel (they are very remote) check with your dive op, most of whom can do a simple service, usually for free.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I use them all the time and can't say enough good things about them. Superior scuba equipment servicing and generally done very quickly. Only problem is that they are WAAAY back in town so you will need a cab to get there and back to where you are staying. If you need the stuff right away, I'd call ahead and see if they could service while you wait. I just hop on my bike and it's a 10 minute ride.

They're between 85 and 90 Avenue. Google maps gives their old, downtown location, but they are 2 Kilometers further back. Welcome to Cozumel Scuba Repair - fixing your underwater expirience since 1990!

Pony took me over there the other day for a pony tank viz, only to learn that an annual viz is not needed there. I was within hydro so good to go. Very nice gentleman took care of us. I guess Pony wanted to be totally sure about the issue.

anybody use them? We're about to head down there and might need a regulator serviced. Don't really have time to get it serviced at home prior to trip.

Just wanting a consumer review
fcc x see '

My Reg's are serviced by Javier at CSR and I trust my life with them. I have never had a problem with quality at CSR but each time I have had a Reg done locally in DFW (twice) there have been problems. I have a bad habit of exploring dark places, alone to hunt Pez Leon, having my equipment work is a major plus on the retirement planning side.

A+++++++

I use them anytime I have an issue that the dive shop at my resort can't handle.

When it comes to yearly service, I subscribe to the theory if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, they have worked on my broken stuff a number of times!
Wow, you wait until your regulator breaks...?! :eek:

Wow, you wait until your regulator breaks...?! :eek:

Certainly not a comment on CSR, but my scubapros have been working flawlessly for 5-6 years since I bought them used on ebay. And I talk to alot of people who say, I just got my reg serviced and now it whistles or what not and I have to take it back. How many people may 20 or so dives a year or less and get a reg serviced.

I mean if something was funky, I would get Javi to look at it, like the wife bc that tended auto inflate on the first day of diving until it got soaked. Javi gave it a good cleaning and work fine all the time now. Besides, she has lots of air to spare.

Don't drink the Koolaid: Undercurrent on servicing regs

Back
Top Bottom