which computer shall i buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are waiting for your computer to die...
I bought my first computer in 1999, and I used it until my needs grew beyond its ability. I sold it to a friend, and that friend is still using it.

If you are waiting for your computer to die...
I bought my first computer in 1999, and I used it until my needs grew beyond its ability. I sold it to a friend, and that friend is still using it.

Me too, bought mine 15 yrs ago. Still works the same as it did when new. I did not outgrow it, but bought a new computer just because I wanted to spoil myself.

I have killed 5 computers since 1987.
It happens when you use them a bunch.
I think it is the pressure sensors just wearing out.
It may also be from salt deposits and other crud getting stuck even after long soaks in warm fresh water.
I am hoping that when I move into the Shearwater it will be my last.

Chug
Likes living close to warm salty water.

I have a buddy who just bought a Predator for $350. The Petrel's are selling for around $450 or so used. If money is a concern go used. I have a Predator I bought when they first came out. It works as good as my Petrel and I like display on the Predator slightly better. You can go spend twice what a used Petrel / Predator is for a new computer but in my opinion you aren't gaining anything worthwhile. Shearwater still services their older models so that isn't an issue.

best computer i've used is the Shearwater Petrel (mine is a v1). The Petrel 2 and/or Perdix are just as awesome. can't go wrong. I'm not 600+ dives into my Petrel and love it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom