Do you let others use your equipment? Liability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been known to loan out my lead weights from time to time so I guess my answer would have to be yes I do loan out dive gear.
Now as far as my regs go that's a different story all together, there is no way I'll ever loan anything that could possibly be damaged by another user. Even my wetsuit is out of the question, mainly because I wouldn't want to find out they peed in it. :rofl3:

Yes. If I can't go and one of my buddies has a problem with his (add piece of scuba equipment) he/she can have mine. I'll enjoy the beer afterwards.

I loan out my gear quite a bit. Right now, a mate has my ali 80 stage and stage reg for a trip he is on in a few weeks. My boss and I are certifying some of our coworkers at the minute. We have enough excess kit between the 3 of us (his wife also dives), to kit out our 3 coworkers while they save money to buy their own gear and wait for a bit of used kit to come around. Other people have borrowed my stages, my twinset, regs, etc.

Yep.. I have and would again to people I trust. I have also been fortunate to have gear loaned to me when I travelled. Seems fair to pay forward. I am not going to let fear change my nature.

We have our gear serviced and everything is well maintained. We have to Hydro tanks here every year so if something should happen (and it has) we can provide the documentation to prove it. We had no hassle except the police seized the gear we loaned for some time till the investigation was completed.

I let a guy use my extra inflator recently. I had only met him five minutes earlier. I also let friends use tanks, fins, whatever gear I have. If someone wants to sue me they can. Not like being overly cautious is going to prevent that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom