What do you do over the winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what you mean, unless you are an instructor.
Unless one is happy with their skills, and nobody should be, and will never need to test serviced equipment or a configuration change, then I could see not realizing the usefulness of a pool.

I've never been diving with a diver that had perfect trim and buoyancy, just a few 50 dive wonders who thought so. Pools are great for that.

I love winter diving. The parking's easy, there's few people in the water, the vis is better than summer, and there's often critters around that you won't see during the warmer months. And when I don't feel like diving, it's about an hour's drive to my local ski area.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'll be hitting the local dive shop's pool with my daughter once a month through the winter to keep working on her (our) trim, buoyancy, general skills and just to play around underwater and have fun. We're taking our first trip to the Keys together in June and I want her to still be fresh and confident in her abilities when the summer comes.

It gets stupid cold here in the Keys, but somehow I manage to keep diving. It's pure dedicaiion on my part.

In Winter... well, i go diving. :)
The deeper lakes around here are 4°C all year round anyway as soon as you hit about 20m. The Visibility is mostly better too.

Marie13, didn't you just buy a Drysuit? Into the Water with you! :)

It gets stupid cold here in the Keys, but somehow I manage to keep diving. It's pure dedicaiion on my part.
Oh I can see that - it gets all the way down to 21C (70F).

Try real cold water diving - winter sea temperatures here are about 6C(42F) with lakes and quarries going colder still.

The winter is perfect for Ice diving. and the visibility in the ocean is much better during the winter than the summer.

25251384202_4805f560d6_z.jpg

23826937964_54dfd877c7_z.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom