where oh where

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I run on a PC with windows 7 professional service pack1 Does that help
I'm running fully up-to-date Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit) and Chrome (up to date at Version 56.0.2924.87). Here is what I see when I navigate to the Classifieds:Exposure Suits Page:
i-kxwb5DT-XL.jpg

When I click on Search box in the upper left, I can enter your search string ("search this forum only" appears to be checked by default):
i-d6353wD-XL.jpg

...and the results appear:
i-q3PmpwQ-X2.jpg

Attachments

• i-kxwb5DT-L.jpg
    i-kxwb5DT-L.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 51
  • i-kxwb5DT-L.jpg
    i-kxwb5DT-L.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 50
  • i-kxwb5DT-L.jpg
    i-kxwb5DT-L.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 49
  • i-q3PmpwQ-XL.jpg
    i-q3PmpwQ-XL.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
OK, so what do you have going on in Chrome to screw up the appearance like that? This appears to be a compatibility issue between what you have going on in Chrome. My suggestion: learn how to use Google to search on SB, or go through each Chrome add on and disable it one at a time until you start seeing search.

OK, so what do you have going on in Chrome to screw up the appearance like that? This appears to be a compatibility issue between what you have going on in Chrome. My suggestion: learn how to use Google to search on SB, or go through each Chrome add on and disable it one at a time until you start seeing search.
Yes indeed, Google Ad Block Plus was found to be the culprit on this end. I went to page with the missing search icon, then shut off the only Chrome ext. I use, hit F5 and WALA there in it is. Other features on SB also came into play.
Thanks for the help getting me up to speed! I guess I will have to shut that ext. off each time I log into SB. I wonder how many others just gave up on SB because things weren't making any sense.

Glad you figured it out! :D Many of these add ons have unintended consequences. We do our level best to make this cross platform friendly, but there's only so much we can do. ScubaBoard doesn't do a lot of the intrusive crap found on a lot of sites. No pop-ups and stuff like that. We do have ads, but they support the site (and me).

Yes indeed, Google Ad Block Plus was found to be the culprit on this end. I went to page with the missing search icon, then shut off the only Chrome ext. I use, hit F5 and WALA there in it is. Other features on SB also came into play.
Thanks for the help getting me up to speed! I guess I will have to shut that ext. off each time I log into SB. I wonder how many others just gave up on SB because things weren't making any sense.
Ad Block Plus is not a Google supported product - it's a third party plug-in. Yours is set a little too tight.

I use it currently and see the Search Box. What you can do is open the page to our classifieds forums and disable it - you may have to do it in each sub-forum once. Click the red ABP icon to see this view:

If you don't mind seeing our ads, there's an option to Disable it on Scubaboard - or Disable on This Page Only option also.
Capture.JPG

This is Firefox (preferred by me) but my Chrome view of SB is almost identical. I run multiple browsers when testing on SB.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom