Personal bank loan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wearing multi brands is like wearing a PADI shirt, a NAUI hat, and SSI shorts all at the same time.
And the problem with that is? I took an OW course through PADI. I'd have no qualms taking an AOW course through SSI or NAUI next. It'll probably be PADI just because they have the most sites.

Let's see, right now I'm wearing a polo branded with my employer's logo, made by "Ultra Club." My jeans are Wrangler (Walmart brand), my socks and boxers are Hanes. I carry an unbranded wallet, a pocket flashlight made by Zebralight, a phone made by Motorola, and a flash drive made my Sandisk.

I own a mask, fins and snorkle made by Aqualung (bought used). My wetsuit was custom made by Aquaflite. My DC is a Suunto Zoop. I'm about to buy two sets of regs here on SB, one with ScubaPro 1st and 2nd stages (but different 2nd models) along with an OMS SPG, the second set has an Oceanic 1st and 2nd with a Mares octo and Aeris console. My next planned purchase is a BP/W from Deep Sea Supply, and my wife will probably get a computer, wetsuit, and BC of three different brands.

Nothing wrong in the slightest mixing brands, and I fail to see how it would make someone look goofy.

You have people here with 1000's of dives and years and years in this sport giving you some really good advice for FREE.. And you just don't want to take it.. So hock the farm and waste your family money on a brand name that is not the best at everything and be cool... Or listen to people that have 1000's of dives and years of experience to get you hooked up with a great kit at a small cost of new scuba pro stuff... I and my wife and now my son dive conshelf XIV's built almost 40 years ago... And they are so good.. They still build them for commercial divers and the US government...

Jim...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wearing multi brands is like wearing a PADI shirt, a NAUI hat, and SSI shorts all at the same time.
I am a PADI, SDI, and RAID instructor, don't really wear any branded merchandise except my own, and have cards from PADI, RAID, NAUI, SDI, TDI, IANTD, ANDI, NOAA, and Tho Ocean Corp. I still don't wear ScubaPro. And I'm cooler that a cucumber.

I've spent well over a million dollars on dive equipment since I got certified 21 years ago.
I hope that includes the Spree...

Ah yes, whether wearing matching and coordinated, pristine, high priced brands, or a mismatched hodgepodge of beat up lesser known gear, we all really do look so cool in our scuba gear. Put on a mask and we look like some kind of big eyed bug. Add a regulator and we become someones nightmare of an alien. And our wetsuits are oh so non-slimming, showing every bit of excess bioprene that is obviously in the wrong place. Don a tank and fins, and then do the wobbly shuffle across the dive boat deck before making that perfectly graceful giant stride. Yes folks, we really look cool in our diving gear!

You have people here with 1000's of dives and years and years in this sport giving you some really good advice for FREE.. And you just don't want to take it.. So hock the farm and waste your family money on a brand name that is not the best at everything and be cool... Or listen to people that have 1000's of dives and years of experience to get you hooked up with a great kit at a small cost of new scuba pro stuff... I and my wife and now my son dive conshelf XIV's built almost 40 years ago... And they are so good.. They still build them for commercial divers and the US government...

Jim...
I was curious, did a quick eBay search, and was intrigued. I may pick up some. Going to go off into the vintage gear section and read about them now.

Scubapro isn't too expensive. I don't need all the gear, I only need 3 pieces. I only buy one brand, because people look goofy wearing a different brand on every limb. I buy Scubapro because deep down I want the best!
I must be the goofiest person in the ocean. Halycon BP/W; Oceanic 2nd stage and Hollis for Octopus; ScubaPro computer; BARE wetsuit; not sure what my first stage is...maybe something generic...

The coolest part is coming up the ladder with a reeking wetsuit and snot streaming from from our noses.....
The reeking yes. Sorry for derailing, but I've seen the snot thing. What IS that? I've never had that. What causes that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom