The Scubapro Museum is back!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the information I posted can be easily confirmed by looking at the early Scubapro catalos. I didn’t actually have to go to the catalogs since I clearly remember what we sold and serviced at the time.

I worked for two different Scubapro dealers from 1971 to 1980. In Puerto Rico where I grew up it was Divers Service Center (1971 to 1975 while in high school and the summers during college break after that). From around 1976 to 1980 I occasionally serviced gear at Water Works in Memphis, Tn., where I was going to college.

PDF copies of many of the catalogs are available for download at VintageDoubleHose.com. Just look at the top of the page for Manuals & Catalogs and follow the links.

If anyone has copies of any of the catalogs missing, please help out by getting it scanned and sending a copy to VDH. If you have trouble scanning it please let me know and I will try to help. Thanks

Some of the early diagrams are also available for download at VDH. If you have any that you can share please send it to Bryan. Thanks again.

Hi Luis,

I notice that you have not posted to the Scubapro thread. You can't complain that they didn't take your advice to heart if they do not know of your constructive criticism. Please post to their thread, I'd love to see them improve the timeline.

Best, Craig

OK, I just posted something on the thread in Scubapro area.

Note: I am still looking for copies of the catalogs that we are missing. If someone can help it would be great. Thanks

Well, it's been over three years. I'm sure all the corrections are in place by now and SB has a "tongue -in-cheek" emoticon ready to use.

Damn you, Sir!

Yes, I'll admit you flushed me out. :wink: Nicely played. I do have several good friends here and I won't ever turn my back on any of them. That being established, I'll post when I have something of substance to say.

It is also possible that I know someone (a friend) who has this on a thumb drive:

SP Bible.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN3096.JPG
    DSCN3096.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 53
Damn you, Sir!

Yes, I'll admit you flushed me out. :wink: Nicely played. I do have several good friends here and I won't ever turn my back on any of them. That being established, I'll post when I have something of substance to say.

It is also possible that I know someone (a friend) who has this on a thumb drive:

View attachment 411760

Which edition? Covering which models?

I have all of the SCUBA Pro catalogs to 1980s bound in Library bindings along with my Skin Diver Magazines from December 1951.

I also have a loose copy of the very rare Heathway's SCUBA Pro catalog of 1962 which was issued when SCUBA Pro was a division of Healthways. I have notified the current management of SCUBA Pro of its existence but have been ignored.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a very fine book of the history of SCUBA Pro published in German in Germany by a long term international correspondence friend Frank Werthwein titled "50 Jahre Scubapro" sub titled "Der Atemreglerhersteller." (Soft cover -276 pages-2013, ISBN # 9783848253531)

I have a inscribed copy

On page 265 is a page titled " Danksagung" which is an acknowledgments page as well as a thank you page.

There are two thank you/acknowledgements that maybe of interest (especially if fluent in German - if not Ignore )

"Meinem Freund Dr. Samuel Miller aus den Vereingten Staaten glit ein besounderer Danke fur sein immenses Wisswn uber das Tauchen von further und die Geschichte von Scubapro Im besonderen"

"Danke auch an Dick Bonin dass er sich die die Zeit nahn, mir auf mein Fragen zu antworten"

Neither Dick or I who have German heritage can read or write German- but we both appreciated the acknowledgement

FYI Dick Bonin a very dear friend and confident from even before SCUBA Pro, passed away about 5 years ago. I miss him and all the good and great conversations - still chat on occasion with his widow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"50 Jahre Scubapro" "Der Atemreglerhersteller." is a great book - a chronical of SCUBA Pro in Germany, therefore Europe that all German divers interested in SCUBA Pro should have in their dive library as a reference.

SAMUEL MILLER,111

PS FYI
Did any of you know that Dick made a 200 foot free assent under an icecap while he was a USN UDT officer serving under Dough Fane ? The horror of it all ! - (Doug wrote "The Naked Warriors" ISBN 1-55750-266-8- I have both editions inscribed to me)

Did any of you know that Dick developed the very first SCUBA Dive log in 1956 while employed at "Dive Master" in Chicago Illinois ? (The second dive log was by Tom Ebro, LA CO UW Instructor in 1967 for the three months long LA Co Advanced Diving Program aka ADP)

sdm

Which edition? Covering which models?
First Edition.

D400, G250, G200B, R190, Polar, Mark 15, Mark 10, Mark 5, Mark 2, Air 2, M50, Balanced Inflator, and Tank Valves. Email me.

...//... FYI Dick Bonin a very dear friend and confident from even before SCUBA Pro, passed away about 5 years ago. I miss him and all the good and great conversations - still chat on occasion with his widow

PS FYI
Did any of you know that Dick made a 200 foot free assent under an icecap while he was a USN UDT officer serving under Dough Fane ? The horror of it all ! - (Doug wrote "The Naked Warriors" ISBN 1-55750-266-8- I have both editions inscribed to me)

Did any of you know that Dick developed the very first SCUBA Dive log in 1956 while employed at "Dive Master" in Chicago Illinois ? (The second dive log was by Tom Ebro, LA CO UW Instructor in 1967 for the three months long LA Co Advanced Diving Program aka ADP)

sdm
All of your history will be lost to yet another no account thread on ScubaBoard. Maybe you, of all people, can understand my abject frustration with ScubaPro as a corporation. Any company so rich in history [-]who[/-] that chooses to keep its history secret is in essence telling its customers what they really think about them. I witnessed my very first tech shop being browbeat by SP. They had to close. I moved to Dudas, a platinum shop. That is where I learned that SP only deals with shops, not owners of their equipment.

I'm glad that this thread isn't in SP's forum. I had two threads killed without notice there. One on fins, one on PDC's.

I really need a break now, everyone has my email. Please use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom