The Scubapro Museum is back!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I was the skeptic and said it would never come to pass. Thrilled to see I'm wrong.

Yes, Scubapro, people do actually care...

Is your tongue poking a hole in your cheek?

---------- Post added June 7th, 2013 at 08:18 AM ----------

One of the things I miss is the ability to click the photo and have the parts schematic open up.

You didn't really think that would happen - did you?

I am glad they have a museum, but many of the early pictures are not correct.

• The 1963 second stage (108) has the wrong exhaust. The exhaust T looked totally different at the time. The mouthpiece is totally wrong also.

• The 1964 Mk-3 is not really the Mk-3 of that time.

• The 1964 Mk-2, the 1965 Mk-5, the 1969 Mk-6, and several other regulators in the 1960 and 70’s are shown with hex key (Allen wrench) port plugs. Those plugs were not around back then. There are few of the regulators shown with the correct plugs.

• The 1970 to 1977 Mk-5 Environ is shown with the multi port swivel. That was not available that early.

• The 1972 Mk-3 is also incorrect. That is a MK-2. The dust cap is also wrong in that and several other regulators.

• They totally skipped the original Mk-1, but that is not a surprised since that regulator was totally recalled and they probably don’t want to acknowledge that it ever existed.

These are just some of the errors that I notice on the early history. It is great to at least see some of the pictures and a reasonably accurate time line, but it is sad to see so many errors.

Note: I can’t comment on the more recent history

Hi Luis,

You should also post this on the Scubapro manufacturer's section to make sure they are aware of it. As they have the entire museum at their HQ in California, you'd think they could easily make the corrections.

Sounds to me like Luis should be hired as a consultant.... Between him and DA, it might be made historically accurate....

---------- Post added June 7th, 2013 at 01:41 PM ----------

Hi Luis,

You should also post this on the Scubapro manufacturer's section to make sure they are aware of it. As they have the entire museum at their HQ in California, you'd think they could easily make the corrections.

Sure, that would be smart...... (again, not having the sarcasm emoticon just sucks!)

You didn't really think that would happen - did you?

I knew it was never going to happen and I think that is why they shut down the site. The parts diagrams have Scubapro copyrights so they can control the distribution. I just wish I copied them all before the site went down but I do have most of them anyway.

Most of the information I posted can be easily confirmed by looking at the early Scubapro catalos. I didn’t actually have to go to the catalogs since I clearly remember what we sold and serviced at the time.

I worked for two different Scubapro dealers from 1971 to 1980. In Puerto Rico where I grew up it was Divers Service Center (1971 to 1975 while in high school and the summers during college break after that). From around 1976 to 1980 I occasionally serviced gear at Water Works in Memphis, Tn., where I was going to college.

PDF copies of many of the catalogs are available for download at VintageDoubleHose.com. Just look at the top of the page for Manuals & Catalogs and follow the links.

If anyone has copies of any of the catalogs missing, please help out by getting it scanned and sending a copy to VDH. If you have trouble scanning it please let me know and I will try to help. Thanks

Some of the early diagrams are also available for download at VDH. If you have any that you can share please send it to Bryan. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom