Concerns about moderating policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, thanks to you, the community. We are so few mods that it would surprise some. Not all the Staff Member badges are mods, some are advisers/tech support etc.

With the few people we have and the huge amount of user content generated every day, if this community wasn't what it is we would never be able to keep up.

As it stands, the vast majority of our task is dealing with spammers and the like, the Board is amazingly self-regulating. It reaffirms my faith in people daily to see what all of us have made of this space.

What he just said is the amazing truth about Scubaboard. There are so many good members or else it wouldn't work. It's the same with society at large. If the vast majority of people weren't honest, you couldn't hire enough cops.

what if more people who quit Scubaboard demand to have their name redacted?
Not all demands are met. The redaction has been redacted.
Redacting is based soley on whether the owner of the forum wants to or not.
This is not true.

We've gotten a lot busier in the past year. Posting is up by over a third from 21,400 in May last year to 28,500 this past May. Most of it is good, but with the increase in good info, there's also a commensurate increase in bad drama. We've had dust ups in the past, and we'll have them in the future. We learn. We live, We keep diving. We keep posting.

It was intended to give people who are curious a bit of a chance to look behind the curtain to see how moderators go about it. Sadly, something happened here that has everyone's head spinning.

I personally wouldn't qualify it as funny but I guess it's like those videos you see of people wiping out on skateboards and nutting themselves. For the viewer it may seem funny.... :/

R..

I personally wouldn't qualify it as funny but I guess it's like those videos you see of people wiping out on skateboards and nutting themselves. For the viewer it may seem funny.... :/

R..

Well... technically, this thread originated from a spearfishing video accident thread, sooooo... for the anti-spearo that probably was the case. It should be fitting that it carried over. :wink:

This is so embarrassing but I can't figure out who it was that just quit now that the name is redacted. If someone chooses to "Walk the Plank" off the Piratical Party Boat that is Scubaboard, could they NOT have their name redacted like its some top secret Nuclear Code? If the Ghost of Redacted is out there reading this, you should know that have succeeded in being annoying in your absence.

Post # 234 may help, @Francesea. Or not.

Feel free to leave at any time...

From reading the story from here in Europe, I do not believe that this post was very nice,

Did it start the whole thing?

Is Diversteve a MOD? I am just trying to understand how and why it went so terribly wrong.

After all I share most of what kippax said:
chris kippax said:
I dont find it amusing, I am a firm believer of freedom of information. A better approach from the board would of been once the issue was resolved, would be to let the people that it may of affected know there was an issue and there personal data is safe. Not just delete it and pretend it never happened. Poor form imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom