Closest diving to London

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dberry

Hydrophilic
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I may have reason to visit London (the one in Ontario!) for business in the future. Is it worth bringing my gear, renting a car and tacking on 2-3 extra days to splash in the clear, fresh water of the Great Lakes? Where would I go, and how long would it take to get there from London (and then back to a major airport?)

Or maybe I should just save my pennies and plan a separate trip in the even more distant future?

(Tobermory is about as far as I'd want to go, but I gather I wouldn't be able to park once I got there... :wink:
Thanks.
Don

Tobermory is definitely worth the drive, the wrecks are great and it's a nice little town to spend a few days.
If the stars align you might even be able to find someone running a charter to the Wexford. That's off Grand Bend and only an hour from London. Maybe contact Terry at London Scuba Centre and see if he has any info on the boats that might be running.
There are charters that run to the wrecks in Lake Erie but they are sporadic so you'd have to be sure of your dates before contacting them.
Then there's the charter boats in Michigan that run regularly. Harbour Beach is only a little over two hours from here. Check the schedule for Rec & Tec dive charters.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions. Tobermory sounds quite special. It's funny I didn't consider dive ops out of Michigan... I grew up around Detroit and used to be very familiar with the drive over to Stratford, Toronto, etc.

Now I'll just have to see if the trip to London pans out, and see what diving I can manage.

And if you get blown off the lakes, you can try the St. Clair River. It's about an hour or so out of London.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom