Is this used gear a bad idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, so reg made ntenance looks like fun and pretty simple - at least for the G250 and MK10. The only thing I don't have is air, which is kind if important, lol!

If I can find someone with a tank to use I should be all set, otherwise I'll look up Glynn or someone local.

Well, so reg made ntenance looks like fun and pretty simple - at least for the G250 and MK10. The only thing I don't have is air, which is kind if important, lol!

If I can find someone with a tank to use I should be all set, otherwise I'll look up Glynn or someone local.

Steel 72 CF Scuba Tank

$40, it's in hydro. You can get it vip'd and filled for cheap.
$20, used, but convertible valve and O2 clean. I'm sure if you ask nicely John would throw a yoke insert in
Used Genesis Din Valve - 200 Bar

Thanks, I'll definitely look into this. I honestly have no idea what 'in hydro' means, or 'VIP'ing a tank :) But I will learn. Maybe I will rent one for the first service as I don't have much time to order and swap valves, etc.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into this. I honestly have no idea what 'in hydro' means, or 'VIP'ing a tank :) But I will learn. Maybe I will rent one for the first service as I don't have much time to order and swap valves, etc.

was that not addressed in your open water class?

You would not be getting a tank filled right yet anyway, need to be a certified diver for that.

That makes sense. I don't really want to mess around with a tank anyway until I've done it with someone - 3000psi is no joke.

I also think it makes sense to not mess with my regs until I have a little experience, and have an idea what I'm aiming for.

I found out that there's a popular diving spot at the end of my street. Part of me wants to get all my own gear for my 40th - to be ready to dive and not just say I'm certified. After messing with my new (used) regs and realizing I have no idea what any of this will feel like in the water, I feel a little weird buying a bunch of gear. But I know I definitely want a minimalist approach and a hogarthian rig seems like a good investment and a good place to start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom