New restaurants.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went in there for a beer. The IPA was undrinkable. I didn't try the food since we planned to just grab a beer and then head over to Los Otates for dinner. My friend tried their Stout and it was also subpar, but better than the IPA.
Ambience was pleasant and there was a decent vibe to the place. Apparently the owner is a dive instructor on the island - or so I was told. For quality craft beer on the island, I have yet to find any place that beats La Internacional Cerveceria. They moved directly upstairs 2 months ago from their downstairs location. New digs are very nice and spacious both inside and outside.

The pizza has changed it's recipe 3 times in the 6(?) months they've been open. It started okay, and has gotten worse with each new recipe. There's better pizza throughout Coz.

We went to eat at Kinta tonight, colunary delight. Not cheap but great for a special night. The elotes were great!

We went to eat at Kinta tonight, colunary delight. Not cheap but great for a special night. The elotes were great!
Kinta and its sister restaurant Kondesa are on my short list. Atmosphere wise, I love the big banyan tree in the Kondesa courtyard. The food is great at both places; I rarely eat other than seafood at dinner on Cozumel, but the pork loin at Kinta is an exception.

I miss Prima's near the square across from Pro Dive. Loved the steaks and it always seemed full of folks having a great time. I wonder if here is a thing similar around any longer.....

I miss Prima's near the square across from Pro Dive. Loved the steaks and it always seemed full of folks having a great time. I wonder if here is a thing similar around any longer.....

Unless it has closed, the old Prima turned in to La Terraza. Same menu. The last time I ate there was in 2014 and at that time I was told by the owner that the old Prima chef, or one of the old Prima chefs, had left the new Prima and was cooking La Terraza. Oil and vinegar on the tables and garlic bread came shortly after we sat down. 2 best steaks I've ever had (one when it was still Prima). And, they'll probably still make gorgonzola shrimp alfredo, though it's not on the menu. That was the second to last meal I ate there. About 4 nights later, I had the other "best" steak.

I agree; the old Prima above Roberto's Black Coral was great, and the food quality did not, IMO, follow in the relocation to the penthouse location on Melgar. One thing I do not miss, however, is guys bringing up cigars from the cigar shop and smoking them in the restaurant while I was eating.

I agree; the old Prima above Roberto's Black Coral was great, and the food quality did not, IMO, follow in the relocation to the penthouse location on Melgar. One thing I do not miss, however, is guys bringing up cigars from the cigar shop and smoking them in the restaurant while I was eating.

Went twice when Prima moved to the top floor of the Cantil building(?) 2 of the worst meals I've had on Cozumel.

First went to Prima as an AI refugee back in '07 and it was good food. Second time in 2014, meh.

Cuatro Tacos was a highlight. The appetizer totally outshone the entree. I did the taco plate entree and could have easily passed on the 2nd plate (chorizo and mushroom -so-so).

I had a coconut marg and with the pineapple guacamole to start. WOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time all I'm getting are 2 coconut margs and a plate of the pineapple guac all for myself.:)

Unless it has closed, the old Prima turned in to La Terraza. Same menu. The last time I ate there was in 2014 and at that time I was told by the owner that the old Prima chef, or one of the old Prima chefs, had left the new Prima and was cooking La Terraza. Oil and vinegar on the tables and garlic bread came shortly after we sat down. 2 best steaks I've ever had (one when it was still Prima). And, they'll probably still make gorgonzola shrimp alfredo, though it's not on the menu. That was the second to last meal I ate there. About 4 nights later, I had the other "best" steak.

I forgot about that. I'll make a point of going there in November. Thanks for the reminder!

It's just me, but that never bothered me. Added to the ambiance. And the cigar shop a couple doors down was good at the time. And I agree, Prima's II wasn't close. But we sure enjoyed watching the fireworks on Independence Day a few years back!

Back
Top Bottom