Cartagena Diving Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eotm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all! This is my first time on the SA forum but scubaboard has been super helpful in the past.

I will be in Cartagena for 5 days in mid-June, not a dive focused trip but wanted to get a morning 2 tank in. Will be traveling with my girlfriend, who does not dive but would want to snorkel while I dive (assuming conditions are safe and vis is decent).

From reading - it looks like most of the dive ops go to the Rosarios Isles or Baru. Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for operator (and there is one unsafe PADI operator from an old post on the board, if anyone knows who it is and they are still running, would appreciate a PM with the name so can avoid). I'm fine with any operator who is safe and takes out mostly experienced divers (as will be buddied with a random person) and lets me dive to my computer/air time (only doing 2 dives so won't be diving nitrox). Would want a good snorkel guide for the girlfriend, so she can 1) feel comfortable and 2) see stuff.

It sounds like many of the boats go out, pick up gear / tanks, do first dive, go back to switch tanks at surface interval and then do second dive. If there is anyone who doesn't do this (and thus is more efficient) they would likely be my first choice. Other than that, bonus points for a fast / comfortable boat (also would like a camera bucket). Girlfriend speaks passable spanish but I don't, so an op that has an english speaker or two (and some english speaking clientele would also be nice, if only to make it easier to make friends.

You can fly from San Andres to Providencia. Definitely worth the effort to get there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom