Group Trip - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a hectic and stormy arrival day including the "bag drag' from Cancun, 10 of us arrived at Casa Mexicana ready to chill.

There will be lots more information to come, but for now I will just say that I couldn't be more proud to be a Pelican!!! The staff at Tres Pelicanos have gone above and beyond to make us feel welcome and provide us with amazing dive experiences. 3 days down...2 to go. The weather cleared up and we have enjoyed nearly perfect conditions.

Today was like a 3 ring circus. We saw a beautiful eagle ray, a baby octopus and 2 nurse sharks swam and hung out with us. Yes, yes, yes...pictures to prove it, but not until I get home to my computer!

More to come...

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana.

"The Cozumel Quinella"

qui·nel·la
kwiˈnelə/
noun

• A bet in which the first two places in a race must be predicted, but not necessarily in the correct order.

How's the WiFi at CM?

How's the WiFi at CM?

WIFI worked great for us in December. The Casa updated its WIFI a few years ago. With what I don't know but all those little WIFI stations with the twin antennas that used to be on the walls throughout the halls between the rooms are gone and something else obviously with more range is now covering the areas. WIFI worked perfectly in our room but out on the room's balcony was a no-go. As always, download speed is much faster than upload. It could stream video without a problem but trying to upload 1080 video was not happening.

Looks like you guys are getting custom pickups in town too, i saw their boat at the Agua Safari pier.

Looks like you guys are getting custom pickups in town too, i saw their boat at the Agua Safari pier.

Group of 10 is a BIG group and fills one of their 2 boats... Pretty sure 3P's would charter a helicopter for transport to the marina if it made them happy. Probably more economical to bring the Skinny Shark or Loan Shark to the Aqua Safari dock in front of the Casa.

Lets see more of that flexible pick up in town. Right on!

You should recruit a group of California dive buddies and charter the boat...groups are the way to go. I capped ours at 10 so we would have our own boat and we're enjoying the benefits of choosing our own dive sites and walking across the street to the pier.

Booking with Tres Pelicanos has proved to be a great choice. We're proud to be a part of the Pelican family :hugs:

How's the WiFi at CM?

We are not internet gurus - just log on to check messages a couple of times a day. So far we have found the service flawless.

It's really a nice hotel, the buffet breakfast is good, and we are REALLY enjoying exploring the area and finding new restaurants to eat at each day. Cozumel is a place to enjoy a vacation on land in addition to awesome diving.

We are having a GREAT time with the gang at Tres Pelicanos :acclaim:

Our group consists of 10 divers who are Advanced + divers, so yes we do have our own boat. After the quality experience this trip, next time we'll try to fill both boats!

So far only land pics, but I think they are a testament to the great time we are having. Video editing will commence when I get home after May 8th. We'll be going to explore on the mainland for a few days after Cozumel...
20180428_101129.jpg 20180428_124022.jpg 20180428_194235.jpg 20180429_123650.jpg 20180430_121342_HDR.jpg 20180430_123113_HDR.jpg 20180501_080043_HDR.jpg 20180501_100851_HDR.jpg 20180501_200047.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom