Group Trip - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They offer a two tank dive at 8 AM and afternoon (1:30 PM) , twilight and night dives on demand.

I was told by Jeannie that they only do the afternoon dive once they have sufficient headcount -- I think it was 4 divers. It isn't a committed schedule that goes out no matter what.

Is it really only $700/pp for the 7 night/5 dive day package? Seems like a really good deal... how much is it for the ocean view room?

Those are last years prices but I’d say very close to that. Several years ago we stayed ocean front and it was $155 more per person based on double occupancy when we booked through Jeanie.

True but I belive the number is 3 (I'll check this weekend). Often when I am in town if they are short I go to make the minimum. In the event someone backs out they will often run the trip anyway and to the best of my knowledge no one has ever been charged for a dive they did not make due to weather, illness, ect.
I was told by Jeannie that they only do the afternoon dive once they have sufficient headcount -- I think it was 4 divers. It isn't a committed schedule that goes out no matter what.

True but I belive the number is 3 (I'll check this weekend). Often when I am in town if they are short I go to make the minimum. In the event someone backs out they will often run the trip anyway and to the best of my knowledge no one has ever been charged for a dive they did not make due to weather, illness, ect.

Maybe I'll see on on the boat - my last note from 3P was that this Saturday and Sunday afternoon dives were not confirmed, but they know I want to go. Mon-Tues are confirmed already.

Per Jeanie, if you book ahead to give them time to “advertise” the dive and hopefully pick up more divers they will do the dive even with two. And they did just that with Eric and I last week. I was told by Steve that the minimum number if not booked ahead of time is 3.

Maybe I'll see on on the boat - my last note from 3P was that this Saturday and Sunday afternoon dives were not confirmed, but they know I want to go. Mon-Tues are confirmed already.
Not sure what time I'll make it in Saturday but if not real late i'll probably go out Sunday afternoon. I find Sundays very pleasant with out the cruise ships in town

Is it really only $700/pp for the 7 night/5 dive day package? Seems like a really good deal... how much is it for the ocean view room?

That's what we paid for double occupancy package. Oceanfront balcony rooms are $25/night extra

In the event someone backs out they will often run the trip anyway and to the best of my knowledge no one has ever been charged for a dive they did not make due to weather, illness, ect.

I'll go one further - In December when my wife experienced a weird ear equalization issue, couldn't get down on her 2nd dive one day and had to call it 3P's went above and beyond and only charged us for the one dive she was able to make on that 2-tank trip! It wasn't 3P's fault she couldn't equalize for that second dive but they were of the opinion if she couldn't dive do to that freak occurrence we weren't paying for her called dive. What other dive op would do that? Unmatched and unbelievable customer service!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom