Group Trip - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you do for lunch? Are there close places?
I've done the dinner stroll before but sometimes I'm tired right after the dives and just want to grab a quick lunch and relax.
We normally do the AI.

You guys have convinced me. Gonna take tge plunge with TPS and CDM. Thanks for the help!

Another Pelican. Welcome to the flock!

Actually, a group of pelicans has many collective nouns, including a "brief", "pod", "pouch", "scoop", and "squadron" of pelicans. They are not referred to as a "flock". Something tells me 3P's owner Steve prefers "squadron"! :wink:

Learn something new every day.

I've done the dinner stroll before but sometimes I'm tired right after the dives and just want to grab a quick lunch and relax.
We normally do the AI.

There are SO MANY great places really close by to grab a bite to eat. Jeanie at Tres Pelicanos has a map with restaurants shown that are nearby.

The boat usually returns around 12:30. The only problem we experienced was that we went out for lunch and then out again for dinner! Just call me porky o_O

We normally do the AI.

From the Casa you could walk to and eat at a different restaurant every night for months. Of course, you'd be walking further and further as the months passed. So many fantastic restaurants from the fancy to the great back street holes-in-the-wall that have better food at a fraction of the price than in the "tourist zone".

I just came across a new one I have to try on my next visit that is a bit of a hike but like everything I've read and seen about it for a back-street, cheap, great authentic Mexican establishment crammed full of locals - Chilangos Huaraches for real Huartanches.

Chilangos Taqueria, Cozumel - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I think that when it comes to "special' service I may have most beat. Not only did I have to cancel my second day of diving at the last minute last Feb due to illness (first time that has ever happened) I had lost my camera the day before at the end of my first dive. Steve sent Julio (who I didn't know at the time) to try to recover it & he was successful even though it ended up in 150 feet of water, which pretty much ruled out that another diver might notice it. Not to many of us are diving that deep on our deep dive each day. That's service.

I think that when it comes to "special' service I may have most beat. Not only did I have to cancel my second day of diving at the last minute last Feb due to illness (first time that has ever happened) I had lost my camera the day before at the end of my first dive. Steve sent Julio (who I didn't know at the time) to try to recover it & he was successful even though it ended up in 150 feet of water, which pretty much ruled out that another diver might notice it. Not to many of us are diving that deep on our deep dive each day. That's service.

I remember that thread cicopo. And the captain knew exactly where you lost it took notice of the spot (No GPS needed) and put the boat on top of it the next day so rock-star DM Julio could search for it (and found it) at 150'! That was one epic 3P's story.

We normally do the AI.
One of the places a lot of the divers from the shop go for lunch is Casa Cuzamil which is 1 1/2 blocks north on 5th Ave. It's been closed for a week but was supposed to re-open today. They have a good Comeda del Dia for about $90 MXN and a nice relaxing upstairs terrace that gets a breeze. There is also a hammock and cold cervesa's up there.

Lots of lunch places within easy walking distance. I usually hit Los Otates for las gringas or pozole and a horchata for a quick lunch. It's just around the corner from where I stay so I'm already headed in that direction.

Maybe I'll see on on the boat - my last note from 3P was that this Saturday and Sunday afternoon dives were not confirmed, but they know I want to go. Mon-Tues are confirmed already.

I'll be there next week. Only scheduled for mornings, but if the afternoon boat is lite I'm sure I could be convinced to fill in. :cheers: hint hint :eyebrow::)

We saw a beautiful eagle ray, a baby octopus and 2 nurse sharks swam and hung out with us. Yes, yes, yes...pictures to prove it, but not until I get home to my computer!

Here's proof of the baby octopus. "LOOK MOM...I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO INK THE DIVERS"!

Back
Top Bottom