Riding a DSMB up from a deep wreck???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would certainly be an option if you're not going inside. Outside touch dive for sure. Penetration I don't think I'd want three slung tanks.

That's without the stage just backgas, 50 and O2. With mix the a stage is negligible anyways.
Put them on the line if you’re penetrating.

Weight check should be with back gas only. Deco bottles aren’t part of your weight system in a balanced rig.

So if I have a bc failure I should just forget about my deco gas and ditch it? Nah not for me

Listen it's obvious we're going nowhere with this so I'm gonna just let it go. I'm not going to dive like you and you're not gonna dive like me. Let's just get back to what the thread is actually about...

And I'm not gonna drink the Kool aid... Have fun

So nobody can explain what the logic is for the activity shown in the video?
I can tell you from first hand experience that it is not an emergency procedure, it's simply an ascent line for drifting deco. We prepared our DSMB as we left the wreck because the timeline allows for it then and we don't have to mess with it while switching gases or needing to head to our next stop. I didn't release mine until the first stop as most did, by then they're positive enough you don't want to keep it down anyway. Then we kept a little weight on them to keep the line from having too much scope. John had no stipulation whether we used gas from our BCD, exhaled into them, or used a reg to inflate.

Back
Top Bottom