New Computer Ratio iDive Color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That looks pretty darn nice! Very cool that it has legit sidemount support. Total remaining bottom time, counting both tanks, and auto-switching, by detecting which tank you're breathing from.

The screen is the same size as the Teric screen. Body is slightly thinner and not quite as wide.

It supports up to 10 transmitters.

All in all, it looks like the Teric but with some enhancements that several people have been asking for. Fingers crossed that Shearwater will take some notes here.

The only things that I see that I have to wonder about are the IPS screen, the actual transmitters, the strap, and the data connection.

I'm skeptical that an IPS screen will look nearly as good or be nearly as readable as the AMOLED screen on a Teric - particularly in bright ambient light.

Proprietary transmitters with relatively little history behind them are a no-go for me. The transmitter used by the Teric is also used by numerous other brands. It has a pretty long history proving that it is reliable. The fact that having that transmitter doesn't lock me into any particular brand of computer is very appealing to me. If the Ratio used that same transmitter, I would consider trying one.

The strap looks like it may be proprietary as well. It doesn't look like the watch body has a "normal" strap pin that would allow use of any aftermarket watch strap. I would not like that. I prefer and use a NATO style strap on all my watch-style computers, so ensure that a broken strap attachment cannot result in losing my computer.

It comes with a USB cable for charging and downloading. I have been down that road before. I definitely prefer the wireless charging and Bluetooth for data that the Teric offers.

Where can you buy these? I did not see any link on the site. Are they available in the US? Can they be serviced in the US?

Oh my! I wish, my Perdix AI had this feature! @Shearwater ?

Ratio iColor.png

Where can you buy these? I did not see any link on the site. Are they available in the US? Can they be serviced in the US?

Ask DRiS, they sell Ratios.

Oh my! I wish, my Perdix AI had this feature! @Shearwater ?
I sold my two petrel last year to help finance an upgrade to ratio ix3m computers. There are several nice-to-have features like the auto tank switch that ratio has but shearwater lacks. Another nice-to-have relating to transmitters that ratio has but shearwater lacks is support for multiple transmiters. Ratio supports 10. Shearwater supports 2.

For the standard non color the battery change is 35 dollars and done in the US. Still getting details on the rest. I don't want a throw away computer so long term is important to me.

I became really interested in these once i read the manual. From the UI perspective seems really user friendly and will do everything most divers on scubaboard want. Downside is almost no one uses them and little if any reviews. The Seac Guru is basically the same computer as the idive easy minus custom GF. I think there are two different versions of the easy (still figuring that out). Seac Guru is on sale now for $325 if its reliable that's one hell of a bargain.

That looks pretty darn nice! Very cool that it has legit sidemount support. Total remaining bottom time, counting both tanks, and auto-switching, by detecting which tank you're breathing from.

The screen is the same size as the Teric screen. Body is slightly thinner and not quite as wide.

It supports up to 10 transmitters.

All in all, it looks like the Teric but with some enhancements that several people have been asking for. Fingers crossed that Shearwater will take some notes here.

The only things that I see that I have to wonder about are the IPS screen, the actual transmitters, the strap, and the data connection.

I'm skeptical that an IPS screen will look nearly as good or be nearly as readable as the AMOLED screen on a Teric - particularly in bright ambient light.

Proprietary transmitters with relatively little history behind them are a no-go for me. The transmitter used by the Teric is also used by numerous other brands. It has a pretty long history proving that it is reliable. The fact that having that transmitter doesn't lock me into any particular brand of computer is very appealing to me. If the Ratio used that same transmitter, I would consider trying one.

The strap looks like it may be proprietary as well. It doesn't look like the watch body has a "normal" strap pin that would allow use of any aftermarket watch strap. I would not like that. I prefer and use a NATO style strap on all my watch-style computers, so ensure that a broken strap attachment cannot result in losing my computer.

It comes with a USB cable for charging and downloading. I have been down that road before. I definitely prefer the wireless charging and Bluetooth for data that the Teric offers.

i found the fcc id of theidive color it appears to have bluetooth but i don't see anything about syncing. Could it be for the transmitters?

iDive Easy and Seac Guru are the same computer, 6 preset GFs, 2 transmitters. The Deep is 6 preset GFs and 6 presets for VPM, 3 transmitters. The Tech+ has custom GFs, 10 transmitters.

Back
Top Bottom