New Computer Ratio iDive Color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i found the fcc id of theidive color it appears to have bluetooth but i don't see anything about syncing. Could it be for the transmitters?

I don't see why it couldn't be. Custom Bluetooth profiles on the computer and the transmitter. The hardware and physical (electromagnetic) transport shouldn't really matter.

But, I don't know anything about the actual output level of Bluetooth and whether it is powerful enough to meet the needs of RF underwater. Given its range on land, it seems like it probably could be used for dive computer <--> transmitter communication.

i found the fcc id of theidive color it appears to have bluetooth but i don't see anything about syncing. Could it be for the transmitters?

No: BT is 2400 GHz band, in order to get any propagation underwater you need low kHz. That's enough orders of magnitude to make it a NFW no, I think.

iDive Easy and Seac Guru are the same computer, 6 preset GFs, 2 transmitters. The Deep is 6 preset GFs and 6 presets for VPM, 3 transmitters. The Tech+ has custom GFs, 10 transmitters.

Looks like the Guru just dropped to 300 on amazon sold by amazon. I called seac usa and they told me amazon was not an authorized re seller. Might have been a miscommunication because it took me five minutes to get the guy to understand amazon was actually the seller not a scuba shop selling on amazon. He seemed unaware that amazon actually sold things themselves

Looks like the Guru just dropped to 300 on amazon sold by amazon. I called seac usa and they told me amazon was not an authorized re seller.

Yeah... buy form an authorized dealer for $600 and get 12 months warranty, or buy from unauthorized amazon for $300 and get 4 years warranty.
19rxsx.jpg

Yeah... buy form an authorized dealer for $600 and get 12 months warranty, or buy from unauthorized amazon for $300 and get 4 years warranty.
View attachment 503560

It is a 2 year warranty through a dealer. I saw the square trade warranty but if you read the terms it allows them to replace it with a similar device does not have to be the same one. Kind of a crap shoot what happens. It has dropped to 297 now and based on historical price data it should drop to 266. Going to watch it at 266 might be worth it.

5. HOW WE WILL SERVICE YOUR PRODUCT: Depending on the Product and failure circumstances, at Our discretion, We will either:
A. Repair Your Product
B. Provide a cash settlement or a Gift Card reflecting the replacement cost of a new product of equal features and functionality up to the Coverage Amount.
C. Replace Your Product with a product of like kind, quality and functionality.

iDive Easy and Seac Guru are the same computer, 6 preset GFs, 2 transmitters. The Deep is 6 preset GFs and 6 presets for VPM, 3 transmitters. The Tech+ has custom GFs, 10 transmitters.

Sure does look like they are the same computers. The transmitters look physically identical as well. Anyone know if they are in fact the same transmitters or compatible? Like all the PPL products branded for AL, Oceanic, and Shearwater?

Sure does look like they are the same computers. The transmitters look physically identical as well. Anyone know if they are in fact the same transmitters or compatible? Like all the PPL products branded for AL, Oceanic, and Shearwater?

interesting question they probably are but reading the material on idives website makes me unsure it says not compatible with some units not sure if those units dont use a transmitter or there is an older version of the trans
In order to pair the CC Transmitter to your iDive or iX3M the OS 4.x.x of higher have to be installed in your “Transmitter Ready” unit

Attachments

• guru trans.JPG
    guru trans.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 127
i have a ratio ix3m gps tech and its been alot of trouble also the screen screws rusting , pairring issues customer service not good at all if i could do it again i would go teric all the time

i have a ratio ix3m gps tech and its been alot of trouble also the screen screws rusting , pairring issues customer service not good at all if i could do it again i would go teric all the time

are you in the US or outside? Did you have to send it in for service?

im in the us and mine had to go back to europe i forget where

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom