New to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JXT71

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone

I’ve been lurkin these forums since I began diving. I want to say thanks to everyone for answering many questions I’ve had. I decided to hop on in case I need more help as I continue to progress.

I went for my OW 3 years ago and found out I kinda liked diving. I’ve picked up some certs here and there, been to Bonaire once, and I worked on SeaWorld’s dive team before moving on to other opportunities. These days I’m a PADI DM with an eye on crossing over to Instructor and Tec – whichever I can afford.

While I move around for work every few months, my ‘home’ dive area is San Diego with the… simply stunning La Jolla Shores. This past summer I was in NorCal and had hoped to dive some of the lakes, but that was mostly cut short when they caught fire. Maybe next year.

Thanks again guys, see ya around

Welcome. Glad you got to try Bonaire. Your own region (southern California) has some great diving opportunities, and I hope you take advantage.

Richard.

I'm guessing you would have been diving Whiskeytown in Norcal based on your comment about the fires? I live up here in Redding, so if you want a buddy for when you come through again let me know. I do most of my diving solo, so if you do the same then I understand! Enjoy!

Yea, Whiskeytown was one of them. I was in the middle of planning for that when the Carr fire popped up. Same happened with Crater Lake, and I ran outta time for Clear Lake in Oregon. I got to do Medicine Lake, though. While I'm not against havin a buddy, my schedule is out of my control while I'm workin for the KNF up there. I plan dives way ahead and hope for an opening to do them - and more often than not somethin still pops up...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom