Question about dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Diving Dubai, You are now officially on my list of SBers that I owe a BEvERage to. Thanks! That looks like the perfect solution to me.

@JackD342 Thanks too! Looked at some of them too, but I require something self sealing and want it to be as small as possible. SP seems to be the best fit for me.

Is there some generic dive computer software for PC that people use?

I have a Suunto Vyper Novo on the way with the USB cable and I wanted to grab the software that is for it. I saw the Suunto DM5 but for some reason that computer isn't mentioned as being compatible on their site. I downloaded it anyways though to try it out.

But I'm wondering if there is another one that people use. Also is there anyway I can use PC software to delete the previous owners dives off of the computer? Or will I just have to wait until they get overwritten?

Is there some generic dive computer software for PC that people use?

I have a Suunto Vyper Novo on the way with the USB cable and I wanted to grab the software that is for it. I saw the Suunto DM5 but for some reason that computer isn't mentioned as being compatible on their site. I downloaded it anyways though to try it out.

But I'm wondering if there is another one that people use. Also is there anyway I can use PC software to delete the previous owners dives off of the computer? Or will I just have to wait until they get overwritten?

Have you looked into Subsurface Dive Log? It's free and runs on GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.

I have a Cressi Giotto and old dives cannot be deleted, however Subsurface can be told to ignore those dives.

Have you looked into Subsurface Dive Log? It's free and runs on GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.

I have a Cressi Giotto and old dives cannot be deleted, however Subsurface can be told to ignore those dives.
I have not looked into it, I will check that out, thanks!

Seconded on Subsurface - I used it with my Giotto and now with my SW Perdix. Better than the software that Cressi provided and gives you so much more functionality (as well as the ability to still use the same software even after changing computer).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom