Swap a G250 Body for G250HP body?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, perhaps we can actually close on the question....can you swap G250 parts into a G250HP case...once and for all. I have attached to this comment a document from Scubapro that outlines the "G250 G250HP Compatibility Upgrade Kit".

Hopefully, this thread can be of future divers looking to answer this very question. The advice within this thread, our recorded experiences, and the files attached...should be the majority of what is needed to cover most questions on this subject.

Thanks to everyone here who have given their time, expertise, and shared in their passion for scuba and scuba equipment.

No idea why I am in a profound conclusive mood, right now, but it is Friday, I am messing with my gear and diving all weekend, and I LOVE getting efforts closed out with satisfying resolutions :)

It should be pointed out this is a conversion using the G250 case. This means you are using the parts for the HP and putting them into, but not the older, G250 case. In this situation, this means your case; the one with the broken mouth piece ridge. This does not mean taking the guts from the G250 and putting them into the case of a G250HP, which has been suggested above.

From the bulletin "Compatibility of Units: The original style of G250 cannot be upgraded. The case for these units will not
accept the larger inhalation resistance adjustment knob found in thenG250 HP. ...converting the older model G250s to the newer G250 HP configuration." Note how this is clarifying the G250 case is being used, not the G250HP case.

Note, the conversion makes the G250 similar to the G260, in terms of adjusting the cracking effort and micro-adjust. Still, the G260 is a better design.

The part number for the G200 case is 11.250.200, same as the G250. Someone above has already pointed out the two are the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom