Crotch Strap, trainable equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all,

So I am having a small debate with one of the instructors I DM for. We have a student that started OW 6 months ago, then winter hit and she wanted to wait till spring to start again. in this time, she lost 45lbs. Now we are having a little issue rising up on her. Her final check out dive is tomorrow, I suggest to the instructor to put on a crotch strap, and move on. He stated that she has never been trained on a crotch strap, and need to be, before he put one on her. I said, she is coming to the shop wo pick the gear up today, tell her about, and move forward. No, No No, she needs to be trained.

Am I that off base in thinking its no big deal? Maybe I just do not remember my OW water nerves anymore.

Thanks,
trained on a crotch strap??? that's bogus. If he is concerned spend all of 1 min to show her how to clip and unclip it.

Surprised nobody has brought up the advanced/tech crotch strap with a Tow ring!

...and almost forgot the butt D ring. Can’t live without that!

...I’m gonna go refill my beverage while you goofballs figure out what to do with that!

I wasn't thinking about a weight belt. I'm so used to integrated that I didn't even though about that so great points.

Surprised nobody has brought up the advanced/tech crotch strap with a Tow ring!

...and almost forgot the butt D ring. Can’t live without that!

...I’m gonna go refill my beverage while you goofballs figure out what to do with that!

I believe that is what is otherwise known as a 'Prince Albert'

Bear in mind that I'm 5 hours ahead on the beverage front
:cheers:

Snot so funny to me! :D :D :D

Vector physics are not covered in your ITC. Other than that,all you need to know is that Boyles stands for "Breathe Or Your Lungs Explode, Stupid!" :D :D :D

Vector physics , yeah no thanks. I let that and Transistor theory leave by brain a long time ago. Let my kids learn that.

I started a thread about moving into Technical diving last week. Maybe after I have done that, and have some Tech dives under me, I will feel better about instructing.

@Marie13
stated
"It’s Halcyon crotch strap. Perfect. Nothing wrong with it. Soft webbing so the nether regions don’t get chafed. :D Halcyon short BP with PINK H webbing, too. :D"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Commercially Produced Official Crotch Strap
SOFT & PINK !
My ! - oh - My !
Are the edges frilly ?

What had happened to Basic Black?

Always inquisitive slow talking, slow walking, slow thinking Kalifornians want to know

Sam Miller, 111

@Marie13
stated
"It’s Halcyon crotch strap. Perfect. Nothing wrong with it. Soft webbing so the nether regions don’t get chafed. :D Halcyon short BP with PINK H webbing, too. :D"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Commercially Produced Official Crotch Strap
SOFT & PINK !
My ! - oh - My !
Are the edges frilly ?

What had happened to Basic Black?

Always inquisitive slow talking, slow walking, slow thinking Kalifornians want to know

Sam Miller, 111

I am NOT frilly! Even though I do like my pink. webbing is black with pink Hs. Mostly black. :D

At last I can place my head on the pillow and sleep soundly for I now know that Marie 13 is

NOT frilly!
Even though she likes pink. webbing !

I recall a very dangerous deep sea creature that lives near the shores of a distant place called Chicago that chops on pink fish so be most careful when your 2 week diving season begins...

sdm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom