Crotch Strap, trainable equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve had a new dive buddy (group of us really) recently and I couldn’t do the hip swing really well with the new doubles. I asked buddy to pull crotch strap up for me. Guy is in his 20s and a military vet, but he blushed. :D. I just laughed, told him I’m old enough to be his mother, and divers have no personal space. He got it.

The hip thing is called locally as the “schwing.” :D

@Marie13
We are so fortunate that Marie13 approves and has a workable crotch strap !
I my heart is too weak to go through another Marie13 selection as she did with her mask selection
I can visualized her remarks
too wide
too narrow
to short
too long
wrong color
wrong material

etc

SAM Miller, 111

Nevertheless, if you accidentally put the crotch strap over your weight belt you've captured the weight belt and would need to unbuckle the crotch strap first.

If you are horizontal in the water, you can undo the weight belt and slide it off your right or left side without undoing the crotch strap.

All it takes is a paunch to stop the waist strap of the rig from sliding up and no need for the crotch strap. A chest strap, will do the same thing.

I think the crotch strap was dropped as a standard from jacket BCs when they started using cummerbunds and poodle jackets that expanded to hold the diver when inflated.

Bob

I recently started using a scuba pro classic bc which has no shoulder length adjustments. It was ok but it was sloppy, so much so that it was an annoyance. I added a crotch strap and (although I find them somewhat bothersome in that they slow down getting into the rig) it made a dramatic difference.

No more bothersome slop. I think many people would
Be surprised how much better their standard bc will feel
If they just Added a crotch strap.

Laughed till snot came out of my nose!
Snot so funny to me! :D :D :D

I guess someday I just need to go to ITC. I just hate teaching Physics.
Vector physics are not covered in your ITC. Other than that,all you need to know is that Boyles stands for "Breathe Or Your Lungs Explode, Stupid!" :D :D :D

@Marie13
We are so fortunate that Marie13 approves and has a workable crotch strap !
I my heart is too weal tp go through another Marie13 selection as she did with her mask selection
I can visualized her remarks
too wide
too narrow
to short
too long
wrong color
wrong material

etc

SAM Miller, 111

It’s Halcyon crotch strap. Perfect. Nothing wrong with it. Soft webbing so the nether regions don’t get chafed. :D Halcyon short BP with PINK H webbing, too. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom