Pee Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Light Monkey Unbalance. I’ve had on in the last 3 suits. Couldn’t be happier.

Good Thread... Thanks guys... Next time my suit goes for repair, I’ll install a LM one or is this someone can do on their own?

What's good?
What to avoid?

Already have a Sitech that has pissed me off for the last time. I like that it is fully automatic, no valves to open, no bolts to remove, discrete low profile design. Suit already has a 1¼" hole so I have to work with that. I would prefer balanced (take the balanced/unbalance argument into another thread, don't want it here).

The Sitech is good on paper. It dribbled a few times. Glued the internal balancing valve shut and added my own check valve in the suit to fix it, then found the recall. Mine was recalled and they sent a new one. The new one is worse then the old one ever was. Not a dribble, might as well leave the hose loose in the suit leak. Bench tested it at home with a syringe and it blows, sometimes. The mushroom valve looks correct, often sealing good, but with a good flow it goes bad and just dumps into the suit. Replied back to the warranty email and didn't hear anything back, so I give up. Needless to say I am pissed. I will be back to the old, modified, recalled valve until I find something better.

I think it's good to have a "blank" that you can use to close the hole securely unless you actually intend to use the pee valve. Otherwise there is a risk of leakage that can vary, depending on the condition of the valve, from "irritating" to "blocking".

R..

Are you guys talking about the Si Tech Trigon pee valve? Or did they have some other one before that?

I got the Trigon on my suit. I've had it for over 6 months. Done 17 dives in it (not very many, I know). 14 of those I had the hose on the inside of the suit not connected to anything. Last 3, I finally got some condom catheters, hooked up to it, and started actually using it.

No leaks at all, so far.

If you ARE talking about the Trigon and have had leaks, is it something that happens pretty soon after new? Or only after you've been using it for a while?

I had a suit built with the tigon factory installed a couple years ago. Right off the bat I had random leaks. Always peeing myself. The double outer check valves have always worked perfect. It was the inner balancing valve that would leak. Come to find out that it was a known flaw and they warrantied the inner part. The new part is concave in the center so there is pressure on the sealing surface. Yes, better design. But it leaks worse then the old one. This happened on the first dive after that I used the valve after putting the new one on. I went home and did a bunch of testing to try and figure out what was happening. I have a 2oz syringe that I use for flushing the hose and valve and I started putting water through it. It was leaking into the suit through the balancing ports. Took it apart, inspected, did it over and over again. A good quarter of the time it was a wide open massive leak. I contacted sitech via the email that they were communicating to me about the recall, no response.

At this point I have my original valve (the one to throw away) that I aquasealed the flapper shut and filled the ports as well. Cut the hose and put a T in it. A stand alone check valve to make it balanced. Just like my old suit with a Lightmonkey(?) pee valve that had the bolt to remove. Going out this weekend.

I have the Si-Tech Trigon and have not issues, so does my buddy. I know they had a recall on the older model. Maintain them and it will return the favor. It is balanced, thus no need to open/close valves. You just pee...

I love mine.

The trick with the trigon is to not over-pressurize it while flushing it, if it leaks take it apart and check the mushroom valves, make sure that they lay flat and don’t have anything stuck inside and put it back in. Don’t get crazy with flushing and they work perfectly, if anyone has one to get rid of let me know, I like having spares.

Anyone experienced with Agir one? Usually Agir has good quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom