Looking for dive op offering 4 dives a day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveWoj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you that do like to do 4 dives a day. I am looking for a small operation that does 2 morning and 2 afternoon dives. Hoping to keep the my gear with the company for the few days I am out there. Does anyone have a suggestion? I don't need a hotel/resort.

do you want 4 short dives a day at crappy locations? iF so there are plenty of operations willing to give you that.

Dave Dillehay

do you want 4 short dives a day at crappy locations? iF so there are plenty of operations willing to give you that.

Dave Dillehay
I was just looking for a little helpful information...

Perk up a little... Diving is what many of us do to get away from life's stresses.

Some of the big boat ops schedule morning and afternoon dives - like onsite resort ops.

Valet services may have afternoon dives if people wanna go, not always will there be afternoon dives though.

Valet is the only way you’re gonna get someone to handle your equipment - some have locker areas.

Scheduled big boat diving is no where near valet service, if you think it is, try another valet service. There’s folks here that swear by them and there’s others that swear at them. Every friend that’s been here diving with large groups that I convince to get on a smaller boat - every one of them - sings praises of the better dives and service.

Quality dives that fit your ability and what you’d like to see or generic in and out follow the leader diving?? To each his own.

I was just looking for a little helpful information...

Perk up a little... Diving is what many of us do to get away from life's stresses.

I was in Cozumel last month for a week. I spent 5 days diving and was able to get 16 hours and 40 minutes of bottom time on those dives. Sounds pretty good, right? However, that was only 2 dives per day. I think that might be Dave's point.
I averaged 200 minutes a day of bottom time, and was back at the condo by 2pm. That gave me the rest of the day to relax and sample some of the great food and drink on the island. But, to each his own.
I hope you can find what you are looking for.
If you want to try something different - lots of bottom time, great divemasters, and valet service, Aldora Divers might be for you.

If you contact Jeanie at Tres Pelicanos (dive@trespelicanos.com ) she probably can set you up. Tres Pelicanos runs AM dive trips every day and then afternoon boats on demand. Typically afternoon boats will be scheduled provided there are 2 advance reservations or 3 divers who wish to go on that particular day. With high season just about here it will be a rare day between now and early summer when there will not be at least one boat scheduled in the afternoon plus night and twilight trips on demand. 3P runs a valet operation and will handle all gear for you, including wetsuit.

I typically do 60 to 75 minute dives and have a tendency to go deep so I usually do a 2 dives one day and 4 the next schedule, so that I can stay within NDL and O2 clock limits. If I run a continuous 4 dive a day schedule my computer gets mad at me.

No dog in this fight, but want to put my 2 cents in. There are those of us whose gas consumption won't allow us to gain the full benefit that is being touted as beneficial from small boat big tank ops. I dive a 15L tank while in Cozumel, my dive times average 60-70 min. I can get those tanks and dive times with every op I have tried down there. So when I'm there for a multiw trip I prefer to do a guaranteed 2 dives one day and 4 dives the next day for the whole trip (with night dives sprinkled in) When there for a single week, I'm there to dive so I want 4 every day except maybe 1 day mid week that I will do 3 dives (night dive.)

Kind of disappointed in this thread. 1 person actually gave the op useful information and another gave a recommendation of a dive shop that may meet his needs. The other comments seem to be rather inflammatory.

That being said, Tres Pelicanos in high season will get what you need at a reasonable price with good service.

Pro dive will be a bit less personal service on the office end, but I have found dive masters to awesome and boat crew very attentive. Guaranteed 4 a day dives and free nitrox. Will store your gear for you, but you rinse it. This is a large boat (cattle boat reference by some) and may not be a best fit for everyone. Need 3 to schedule a night dive

Dressel will get you similar experience to Pro dive. Guaranteed 4 a day, not sure on night dive requirements. Believe free nitrox as well. Again large boats, inflexible scheduled sites etc

Aldora will not get you more dives but yours the benefits of larger steel tanks as a standard option (other ops can get you same tanks or similar as an upcharge) they offer some sites that other ops don't typically visit (especially the large boat fixed schedule ops) this is mostly small boat and small group diving. This may benefit you if you have lower gas consumption and can get significantly increased dive times on fewer dives. If your consumption limits your dives rather than your NDL then this might not be your best fit.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Regardless of who you go with enjoy the great diving that Cozumel has to offer.

Blue Angel has small boats and does numerous trips a day.

ScubaLife Cozumel has morning and afternoon trips. Also night dives if they have a couple divers. Great Dive Op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom