Looking for dive op offering 4 dives a day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many must forget the Old Aqua Safari policy. 80 ft, 40 minutes. Lots of shops followed that rule.

Dave

My apologies for interrupting the protracted self-promotional campaign, but like @gopbroek I am VERY happy diving with Tres Pelicanos (3P). Years ago on my first trip to Cozumel I used the “adored” dive op with the large steel tanks. I was stunned to discover everybody goes down together and EVERYBODY comes up together, all while being herded by the DM. The baby duck routine is not my cup of tea, but to each his own. I have been diving with 3P ever since. Quite often I will do additional dives in the afternoon or a night dive. Having the freedom to stop and take the time required to capture quality video and the flexibility to dive your individual profile is invaluable. Should I be amazed by the shear number of divers capable of shooting a SMB at depth?

This is my award winning video shot while diving with Tres Pelicanos. This was a 5th place winner in the Cozumel Museum’s Underwater Video Contest. Talk about self-promotion! :eek:

I've always wondered how the Aldora dives are structured.

For reference, I can pull 60-70 minutes out of an AL80 and my wife is even better.

Not all dive sites at Cozumel are continuous and it seems that many run out of reef at around 6-70 minutes and you end up over sand or the abyss. Frankly I get a bit bored in the last 5-10 minutes.

What do you do for a 90 minute dive? Do you kick over to a new site? Do you float along over sand?

Frankly I don't like 4 dives a day (its just too long of a day) so I am wondering if 2 longer dives might be a better option. But I am wondering what kind of dive quality you get out of that last 15-20 minutes.
I have been on well over 100 dives with Aldora over the last three years. One thing I can say for sure is that I have never passed another group on the reef. If the current allows you get the time to stick your nose into as many cracks as you want. Sure sometimes you have to fin over sand to get to another reef. When I started diving with Aldora my SAC was terrible and now it is pretty good. I have never felt that I couldn't surface when I wanted to. I have dove with another highly rated op on this site for two days and found it wasn't for me, I find Aldora much safer while getting much longer dives on more variety of sites.

My apologies for interrupting the protracted self-promotional campaign, but like @gopbroek I am VERY happy diving with Tres Pelicanos (3P). Years ago on my first trip to Cozumel I used the “adored” dive op with the large steel tanks. I was stunned to discover everybody goes down together and EVERYBODY comes up together, all while being herded by the DM. The baby duck routine is not my cup of tea, but to each his own. I have been diving with 3P ever since. Quite often I will do additional dives in the afternoon or a night dive. Having the freedom to stop and take the time required to capture quality video and the flexibility to dive your individual profile is invaluable. Should I be amazed by the shear number of divers capable of shooting a SMB at depth?

This is my award winning video shot while diving with Tres Pelicanos. This was a 5th place winner in the Cozumel Museum’s Underwater Video Contest. Talk about self-promotion! :eek:

Dear Soloist,

I am not promoting anything as I no longer have any financial interest in Aldora. I am just explaining my point of view as to safety in diving Cozumel. As I am sure you feel comfortable diving solo, not everyone in the industry agrees with you.

Dave Dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom