D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could be convinced to swap out my Apeks first stages for MK19 but I've no need for a turret. The swap would cost money, but to get my hands on a D420 who knows. TBH the child in me wants to say "screw you SP, you're not coming to my party".

I'm pretty good at getting what can't be gotten but I'm hitting brick wall after brick wall on this one, SP have this locked down solid. I've tried out of 4 continents so far, nothing.

Patience is a virtue I clearly don't posses, if I wasn't going on a live aboard in March perhaps I wouldn't care so much but would love to really try one out.

I could be convinced to swap out my Apeks first stages for MK19 but I've no need for a turret. The swap would cost money, but to get my hands on a D420 who knows. TBH the child in me wants to say "screw you SP, you're not coming to my party".

I'm pretty good at getting what can't be gotten but I'm hitting brick wall after brick wall on this one, SP have this locked down solid. I've tried out of 4 continents so far, nothing.

Patience is a virtue I clearly don't posses, if I wasn't going on a live aboard in March perhaps I wouldn't care so much but would love to really try one out.
Let’s just hope they do come out with the mk19/D420 combo, I will take the 1st off your hands in DIN

Let’s just hope they do come out with the mk19/D420 combo, I will take the 1st off your hands in DIN
This has been confirmed by SP themselves, at least in Europe

I feel like the D420 should double as a bong.

I'm just asking as my memory ain't what it ought to be.

Isn't the MK19 a MK17 with a turret. Haven't some of you guys complained that the MK17 had an issue re balancing? I.e. a huge change in IP with corresponding tank pressure? Can the conversion parts be had to convert a MK17 into a MK19

Ability to retune on the fly clearly favored the D420 if the decal was not present.
Will be nice is the hex adjustable knob can be changed to a normal hand knob eliminating de hex, so you can adjust in the fly with out tools, like you do with a G260
Cheers

I would be giving it more consideration if the 17 was an option, the 19 just doesn’t interest me at all, I have no need for the swivel and have really started to like fixed ports for the lack of floppy. Like Rob I’m really into the whole sealed thing and the ease of maintenance. I do have a Mk11 C370 coming to try out for an easy pack travel reg. not sealed but should be easy to rinse and very compact.

The Mk25 EVO is a nice regulator but not something I want to have sitting unused and hard to sell at a fair price judging by Simons experiences, I’m guessing the 19 won’t be much easier to sell at a fair price, hell mk17 doesn’t sell at a fair price which is why I have so many.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom