What Bill Gates is afraid of

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for fun, have a quick look at who funds the WHO. Don't just look up the assessed contributions from member states, of which the US is the largest. also look up the
"voluntary contributions (other funds provided by member states, plus contributions from private organizations and individuals)."

I will thanks for the tip.

For the record, keeping your OS and application patches up to date is THE single most important thing you can do to secure your PC.

With Java and Flash being the two single most important applications to keep updated. Followed closely by browser updates.

I'll just drop this here regarding the funding of the WHO to make it easier for others to read.

https://www.who.int/about/finances-accountability/reports/A72_INF5-en.pdf?ua=1

Looky there, Bill Gates nearly $100M in 2019, back in 2008 it was only $45M.

So what exactly do we get for all the money we send? Did they provide us with Masks or respirators? Better yet, did they even warn us this was coming?

No, this is yet another global forum where they all sit around lathering in their “importance.”

What a complete waste.

The hint is VMS. Now add the next letter in the alphabet to each of the 3.

And you get WNT. Windows NT, which was originally Windows New Technology.

And the story goes that when a person from DEC asked Cutler about that, his answer was "It's about time you figured that out.". Not sure if it's true or not but it was and exciting time at DEC (I was there from 1987-2000).

So what exactly do we get for all the money we send? Did they provide us with Masks or respirators? Better yet, did they even warn us this was coming?

No, this is yet another global forum where they all sit around lathering in their “importance.”

What a complete waste.

Yes because an organization that monitors global health should expressly give supplies to the USA, a country whose government ignored warnings until it was too late.

Edit: I'm being sarcastic and sassy
at the gall of thinking a global superpower with a superiority complex should have the undivided resources of a global organization most focused on giving aid to impoverished and less-developed nations.

Go to the Pub, y'all

I will thanks for the tip.

For the record, keeping your OS and application patches up to date is THE single most important thing you can do to secure your PC.

With Java and Flash being the two single most important applications to keep updated. Followed closely by browser updates.

I'll just drop this here regarding the funding of the WHO to make it easier for others to read.

https://www.who.int/about/finances-accountability/reports/A72_INF5-en.pdf?ua=1

Looky there, Bill Gates nearly $100M in 2019, back in 2008 it was only $45M.

What a complete waste.

Bill Gates warned of a deadly pandemic for years — and said we wouldn't be ready to handle it. Gates has been warning about pandemics for years.

Now if governments don't respond and prepare themselves (there are several egregious examples of different heads of state that ignored warnings), then this is what we get.

The Gates Foundation does some amazing work. The non profit to which I was a board member years ago received a grant that was closely monitored in order to be spent wisely (education based). I don't think Gates, of what I know of him, is sitting around patting himself on the back.

Yes because an organization that monitors global health should expressly give supplies to the USA, a country whose government ignored warnings until it was too late.
You're getting uncomfortably close to Poe's Law there.

Better yet, did they even warn us this was coming?

I'll just leave this

"Countries with weaker health systems need the world's focus & support now, due to the potential for #COVID19 to spread to those locations. We must take advantage of the window of opportunity we have to contain the outbreak. We don't want to look back later & regret failing to act."

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Twitter

versus this over a month later:

Trump, March 24: I brought some numbers here, we lose thousands and thousands of people a year to the flu. We don’t turn the country off, I mean every year. Now when I heard the number, we average 37,000 people a year. Can you believe that? And actually this year we’re having a bad flu season, but we lose thousands of people a year to the flu. We never turn the country off. We lose much more than that to automobile accidents. We didn’t call up the automobile companies, say, “Stop making cars. We don’t want any cars anymore.” We have to get back to work.

and do people still use flash??

Interesting. Some of us are afraid of having our software stolen by large corporations who can afford to just drag the court case out long enough for that software to become obsolete. Who have I heard of that made billions doing that? hmm.. seems like it rhymes with Will Mates or something like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom