GUE & Halcyon Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has zero to do with what is "legal"

No Halycon dealer is going to put their dealership in jeopardy by offering non-factory authorized deals on H gear. Because H doesnt need a cause to revoke their dealership at all. Not looking like a team player? You're gone.

Of course it has something to do with what is legal. A manufacturer is not going to make an illegal pricing policy. Cutting someone a deal is not an offer and doesn't put anything in jeopardy.

MHK. That's a handle I haven't heard in a while. I remember when he was so anti-DIR then met up and dove with someone ( probably Jammer6 from rec.scuba?) and his whole attitude turned 180. Fun days on the internets back then...fun days.

And for what it's worth I did Cave 1 and 2 in a Scott Koplin backplate with AGIR wing. Nobody said nothing.
wow, forgot all about jammer6. I distinctly remember getting thrown under the bus by Popeye and Airhog though. Thinking about Big Von doing 350' for 30 and needing a bottom timer on each wrist in case a shark bit one of his arms off still gives me a chuckle. I was doing a lot of diving with Nova Tech back then off of Capt CF's boat with some guys wearing drysuits that Trey "wouldnt' take a shower in". Diving was so much more fun back then.

Why was that?

Not disputing your opinion but often times when we go back to places or things we did in the past, the idea of the past turns out to be better than the reality of the past.
Helium was dirt cheap. There were no rules on the various internet forums. Mexican caves were cheap to dive. G III was hilarious.

Of course it has something to do with what is legal. A manufacturer is not going to make an illegal pricing policy. Cutting someone a deal is not an offer and doesn't put anything in jeopardy.
Dude
GUE kicks out instructors for making the agency "look bad". Halcyon already arbitrarily terminates dealerships to then turn around and give their new preferred shop in the same area/region a new dealership.
Not being picture perfect puts you in jeopardy.

Halcyon already arbitrarily terminates dealerships to then turn around and give their new preferred shop in the same area/region a new dealership.

Arbitrarily terminating dealerships would be an illegal breach of contract as dealerships are a legal contract. I doubt Halcyon is acting illegally.

Helium was dirt cheap. There were no rules on the various internet forums. Mexican caves were cheap to dive. G III was hilarious.
yeah, pretty much what he said. :)

Can someone make a thread about G III? What was it?
upload_2020-4-28_14-27-50.jpeg

/thread

Back
Top Bottom