Volume of christolube for atomic reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that I think about it the clear portion of the lube is so thin I had my regular sitting on its side on a table and it leaked out a bit.

If the packing tool is pre charged and if memory serves you should get two fills from a w oz tube.

Exactly, the instructions for the packing tool state: "Each 2 ounce tube will fill approximately 2 first stages."

So I've also noticed
Exactly, the instructions for the packing tool state: "Each 2 ounce tube will fill approximately 2 first stages."
Now, does that assume the tool is pre-charged with lube though?

So I've also noticed

Now, does that assume the tool is pre-charged with lube though?

Since that is what lexvil wrote, I am afraid that might be the case. Someone mentioned that Atomic techs also use the cheaper Tribolube 66. The instrcutions by Atomic specify Christolube 129 or 111 for the packing chamber, so I suppose Christolube 66 and 71 should be ok to be used? I have seen Tribolube 66 in 2 ounce tubes for $22, but I don't know if the tube threads onto the packing tool...

I’ve used T 66 and 71 works fine, the thicker 66 is perfect for the ambient chamber.

Since that is what lexvil wrote, I am afraid that might be the case.
To follow up, I did end up finding where Atomic actually documents this, on the tool schematic. It says:

upload_2020-4-29_10-12-48.png

That, of course, doesn't actually answer the question about the 2oz per 2 first stage/vs pre-charging the tool, but does seem to imply it being pre-charged.

To follow up, I did end up finding where Atomic actually documents this, on the tool schematic. It says:

View attachment 583400

That, of course, doesn't actually answer the question about the 2oz per 2 first stage/vs pre-charging the tool, but does seem to imply it being pre-charged.
When I bought mine, it seems it took about a full tube to charge the tool. Certainly not enough out of the first time to charge the tool and the regulator.

But it’s been a long time. I became a tech in the very first class. At DEMA. In 1997 maybe? 1996?

How necessary is the tool for someone doing one or two? The service manual seems to suggest doing it with just a syringe as an option.

How necessary is the tool for someone doing one or two? The service manual seems to suggest doing it with just a syringe as an option.
I think I have a spare. Would you like it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom