First time here-great site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grockman

Reaction score
A little about me:

Certified in Cozumel in 94 by Robert P. McPherson. I spent a month in Cozumel after being certified, and dove as much as possible. Still the best place I’ve ever spent underwater. Since then I have been down deep in the Bahamas, Cancun, Florida, Maui, and recently in Belize.
Memorable experiences:

Lobster migration from reef - reef in Cozumel-a line of Langoustes stretching several miles-two in a row.

Spinning through a coral cave in the Palancar Reef we entered at 120 feet, and exited at about 60 feet the walls covered in spiny lobster.

Shark dive with Stuart Coves in Nassau Bahamas. A two-tank dive where I sucked the first tank the fastest that I ever have. I was the last diver in the water, considering the 30 fins that popped the water, and I learned that the hair on the back of my neck could stand up very straight.

Left in the open ocean after visiting cave of the sleeping sharks off of Cancun. Just like the movie Open Water. After floating for five hours and just before the sun kissed the ocean, me, my girlfriend, and the divemaster-ha-were lucky oh so to be discovered by another dive boat, and dropped off a quarter mile offshore from our hotel. Dive shop claimed the captain had a heart attack while we were down-and hit the throttle and landed on Isla Majeres. No one was looking for us when we were so obviously late. I wonder if this happens more than we know.

Look forward to sharing with you folks

Brad

Hey Brad, welcome to the board. Interesting story about you, the girlfriend and the divemaster :wink: I noticed you haven't got NY on your list of cool (literally) places you have dived - you need to add it... We look forward to more stories from you and hope to see you arounf the board. Safe diving.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Left in the open ocean with no one looking for you sounds pretty chilling. Says something about the planning on some of these boats. You'd think that someone would know that you are out there.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or respond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to the board. You have the dive profile that I'm trying to obtain. I would like to hear about your diving experience sometime.

Hey Brad and welcome to Scubaboard! I'm sure glad you lived to tell that story.

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
I certainly hope it doesn't happen very often! I'm sure that I'd have been more than a little annoyed, even though I would have understood their immediate concern with the cpatain's health, seems inexcusable that you weren't looked after.
Your other stories are great too, hope to read more contributions soon.

STOCK MESSAGE
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
Again, Welcome to the greatest addiction!
It's so easy to forget the things that we love, but here at ScubaBoard, we're all doing our dead level best to maintain the highest level of SCUBA ADDICTION possible.
Please stay with us, interact, and keep your need to get wet alive!
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved to where it can receive better attention.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
[size=+3]HAPPY NEW YEAR!!![/size]

Tom

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom