Hurricane warning for tomorrow night!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Satellite makes Delta look more like two storms than one (not counting Gamma ). The modeled storm Delta is to the one to the north ( I think ). Thing to south is equal size. More than a little weird

[HU Delta - Sandwich at 16.8°N - 80.3°W - NOAA / NESDIS / STAR]

upload_2020-10-5_23-22-4.jpeg

Seems to be tracking slightly north of a direct hit on Cozumel. I am going on Sunday to a resort between PDC and Puerto Morelos so attentively watching this storm.

Intensity has been creeping upwards as the model updates but the track seems to have stopped / slowed the westward drift. The center of the storm may be to the northeast by 20-30 miles but the storm winds will encompass the island.
26L_tracks_latest.png

26L_intensity_latest.png

174338_earliest_reasonable_toa_34.png

My thoughts and prayers to all those in the path of Delta 2020, both in Coz and in La! 25 storms so far and we still have almost two months left in this season.

Seems to be tracking slightly north of a direct hit on Cozumel. I am going on Sunday to a resort between PDC and Puerto Morelos so attentively watching this storm.
If it tracks that course it will mean a lot of onshore wind and wave action on the west side of Cozumel.

I'm not sure I've ever seen all the tracking models so closely aligned.
Me either. Every one of them is getting better at this. I think they've had a lot of practice this year.

Don't think we can call it a spaghetti model anymore....

Wishing everyone the best over the next few days..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom