Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate the excellent service and your participation in these forums.

Replacing the battery *seems to be* incredibly easy. two screws. remove the back. replace battery (and o-ring). screw back back on. My watch was experiencing the issues prior to me diving with it- so, couldn't have been related to water leakage. What special techniques would have been needed? Perhaps I didn't ground myself, and somehow created an ESD (electrostatic discharge) issue to an unprotected area? the engineer in me has me curious. I could understand if the o-ring wasn't seated properly that might create leakage. but this seemed more like a firmware/software hiccup.
And some mares don’t even have the screws. They just use the screw back style you can remove with a coin

Replacing the battery *seems to be* incredibly easy. two screws. remove the back. replace battery (and o-ring). screw back back on. My watch was experiencing the issues prior to me diving with it- so, couldn't have been related to water leakage. What special techniques would have been needed? Perhaps I didn't ground myself, and somehow created an ESD (electrostatic discharge) issue to an unprotected area? the engineer in me has me curious. I could understand if the o-ring wasn't seated properly that might create leakage. but this seemed more like a firmware/software hiccup.

I have a Mares Nemo Titanium which I really like. Great looking watch style computer IMO. However, when the battery went low, I carried to a very good watch service center, but it started to malfunction immediately after the battery changed (before diving). I sent it to Mares in the US and they changed the battery and sent it back working great. It seems there is some special thing to changing it. I soon after bought a Nemo wide which is user replaceable battery.
I live in Jamaica and dive year round, so having to send away my computer for a battery change just wasn't ideal.

I am based in
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The full version of our new support web site http://www.softwaremares.com is now online.

The Mares Support Web Site is a very important tool for users to solve any kind of problems they may have with Mares software.

DRAK (Nemo Wide and Nemo Air)
IRIS (m1, m1 RGBM, Darwin, Airlab, Darwin Air and Nemo)
DCDS (Guardian, Surveyor, Tutor and Apneist)
NSI (Nemo Sport)

A request for support (Ticket) may be sent to the dedicated e mail addresses (drak@softwaremares.com, iris@softwaremares.com etc), or connecting to the web site and writing a personal request that will be followed up by a professional.

When the user is subscribing his request, the system will automatically suggest some articles from the knowledge base of the web site.

There is also an area dedicated to news where it is possible to register and automatically receive information (via RSS, a simple blog reader), and an area dedicated to Download that allows viewing and downloading the last software updates.

www.softwaremares.com is a big step forward that will further enhance our Customer Service.
[/FONT]
Hi Zak,
you are a district sales manager from what I see in your signature, as long time instructor I've purchased the Mares Icon HD roughly 6 years ago with the tank module and used on literally only a handful of dives during a couple of years when it started to fall apart; would not turn on properly and the rubber on the tank module started to deteriorate and get sticky. Was brought to a Mares service center here in Jakarta where I currently reside, and told that it had to be sent to Italy for repair while the warranty had run out and despite the fact that the Icon HD had hardly been used and been treated with the utmost care (it still looks brand new from the outside). I have not send it to Italy, as it would have cost me roughly U$.200.00 only in courier fees to and fro plus a probable very expensive repair. With this kind of customer approach where the manufacturer is this strict on warranty period without factoring in the condition of the equipment, considering the premium you pay for the equipment, and considering the fact that serious repairs can be done in Italy only, I've decided and informed the Mares office in Italy that I will not purchase and use Mares anymore, and neither do I advise any of my students to buy.

The Mares Support Web Site is a very important tool for users to solve any kind of problems
It is not.

I have reported two issues a year ago for Mares computer software.

One ticket is closed without an explanation: FGW-547-47583
Other is still open:
DZV-539-61445 09 December 2019 05:43 PM D**** K**** [ Private ] Feedback Open High

First mares smart air I returned after 3 dives.
Second I returned due to lie in specs (no real dive log for freediving).
Probably it is a good computer with its limitations. But QC should test more than a common diving scenario.

p.s. thanks to scubaonline.de to managing everything with Mares. Zero problems with replacement and returning second computer after returning period. I have no relations to this business, but I really appreciated way they solved my issues.

Please, do tell us how horrible a company is for not jumping at the opportunity to exchange free of charge a 6 year old product which you don't use anyway...:facepalm:

Hi Zak,
---snip---
I've purchased the Mares Icon HD roughly 6 years ago...
---snip---
the rubber on the tank module started to deteriorate and get sticky.
---snip---
...told that it had to be sent to Italy for repair while the warranty had run out...
---snip---
I have not send it to Italy, as it would have cost me roughly U$.200.00...
---snip---
I've decided and informed the Mares office in Italy that I will not purchase and use Mares anymore...
---snip---

Question on Puck (the old ones) - I used to be able to download my dives into DiveLogDT (Mac) without problems. Then I was unable to download my daughter's Puck. Now I'm unable to download mine. I did buy another DRAK interface as the original seemed to not have a good connection.

I've also tried downloading into MacDive (used to be able to do such) and unable also.

I'm attaching the error messages. (DISREGARD the REGS, I couldn't delete them off)

Suggestions??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 8.06.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 8.06.54 PM.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 8.09.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 8.09.26 PM.png
    8 KB · Views: 87
Question on the Puck Air. I recently purchased a Puck Air. While in the pool for a checkout, I found that the "Backlight" is so dim it's almost like not having it. Thinking it was due to the ambient light at the pool, I tried it again in a dark room with the same results. After checking the manual, I can find nothing about adjusting the light intensity. Can it be done and if so how?

I don't recall any way to adjust it. Maybe the battery is getting low?
That was my first thought so I changed to a new battery. Still no change.

Question on the Puck Air. I recently purchased a Puck Air. While in the pool for a checkout, I found that the "Backlight" is so dim it's almost like not having it. Thinking it was due to the ambient light at the pool, I tried it again in a dark room with the same results. After checking the manual, I can find nothing about adjusting the light intensity. Can it be done and if so how?
It's not possible to adjust the brightness. It's as-is. Barely noticable in daylight, but still visible under water in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom