Things/Accessories you wish you acquired earlier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive computers; wasted money on a Suunto D9tx which is useless for technical diving (I was too inexperienced to know this when I bought it). Also bought an XDeep Black - useless computer, now no longer made because they were awful. Then bought a Shearwater Perdix; what an amazing computer; reliable, easy to use, loads of information -- now have three!

Decent torches. Wasted money on cheap far-eastern rubbish that broke/dissolved/never worked. Torches are expensive, but your dive and possibly life depends on them. The Ammonite torches may look like an adult plaything, but they're exceptionally reliable as backup torches.

The thing I really wished I got earlier was the rebreather!

Wife gave me a Blacktip DPV for Christmas which I'm massively looking forwards to playing with once I'm released from (covid) prison. Will be using this to hoon around wrecks so may finally get to see the bigger picture of what I'm diving on! Very excited and very fed up of these interminable lockdowns.

Though I acquired these a couple of years after starting to dive, they are my favourites--
--Apollo Bio Tank Lock (never have a tank slip, no wetting of straps needed).
--Spring fin straps-- No buckles, especially with gloves on in cold water.

BP/W - I love my Zeagle Stiletto, but a BP/W would take up a lot less space in luggage for travel. Being new to diving at the time, I just didn't know anyone that could help me with setup and adjustments.

Pressure testing gage for the lp hose on a scuba regulator. Very cheap, useful and smart to have. It is amazing people pay $2,000 for a fancy regulator and computer and then skip a $20 item that could easily prevent a lost dive day.

These two, both good,so much better then one I once used.
ip ajust.jpeg

index.jpeg

My 'go to' is the top one.

These two, both good,so much better then one I once used.
View attachment 638219
View attachment 638220
My 'go to' is the top one.
Agreed. Great tool.

Just got to be a bit careful if switching between the slot and hex end. Got to unscrew the gauge end a few turns (not the gauge itself) to leave enough room for the slider to mate and disengage without graunching the adjuster or popping the dynamic O ring.

First time going from my Apeks to Scubapro seconds, I didn't take this into consideration and thought I'd damaged the adjuster. Got away with it luckily. Rookie mistake :D.

Off the top of my head, with SP's I think I spun the gauge out about 5mm and tightened the lock nut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom