Hose Fittings/Hose Type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Konrad harmon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have crimping tools and access to fittings galore due to my job.

The question that I can't seem to answer is what are all the fittings that are used in scuba?

Looking around here I have found some stuff but it doesn't make it crystal clear what the call outs are.

If you know the type of fitting for any of the hoses generally used in scuba I would be obliged if we could collect them here. Also any companies that source the fittings in SS and CP/Brass.

Oh forgot the other end.

Two types of regulators (new to me)

AGA regulators use AGA fitting? need more info.

9/16"-18 female used for most regulators?

Buying Scuba Diving Hoses - The Scuba Doctor

The 1/2" LP first stage ports are mostly found on older high performance regs such as variations of the Mares 22. It didn't make a noticeable difference in real life situations, but was good for stunts like Mares' record of having 101 divers breathing off a single MR22.

Buying Scuba Diving Hoses - The Scuba Doctor

The 1/2" LP first stage ports are mostly found on older high performance regs such as variations of the Mares 22. It didn't make a noticeable difference in real life situations, but was good for stunts like Mares' record of having 101 divers breathing off a single MR22.

Awesome. That helps to solidify my observations.

Also found crimp ferrules from an oxygen hose supplier. Looks like you can get a ton of them for cheap if you planned to reuse the barb fittings. Ferrules

If only I could find the barb fittings with UNF threads. Right now I would have to cut and reuse fittings. would hate to ding a barb with a razor. Also not sure any of this is correct yet.

Anyone know what parker series is used? Pretty sure I narrowed the male hose end down to 105**-6-6C. ** Is the series.

A few of the series have a 1/4" option instead of 5/16" hose. Anyone have qualitative experience with 1/4" hose or 3/8”? It can support the volume, but might have low IP.

Looks like Gates make scuba fittings for the low pressure side. They are the only ones that I can find that you can buy. min order is 50 pcs so the cost of entry is quite steep.

Not to mention the hose buy in and then finding the other side of the hose.
33HB Divers stems | Gates Corporation

It’s also possible to buy reusable low pressure fittings. Two companies in the UK make and sell these.

Undersea Centre LTD (interesting catalog)
http://www.undersea-centre.co.uk/
[ Narked at 90 also retails Undersea fittings
3/8th UNF Reusable hose fitting ]

and

AP Diving
Search results for: 'Reusable Hose fittings' | AP Diving

A bit more expensive than the cut and crimp approach if you already have the crimping tools. But much simpler to do, especially the AP Diving fittings, which only need two spanners to fit.

I have a couple of sets of the AP Diving fittings on my hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom