Wing suggestion for LP50 doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who on earth taught you this? Some of the stuff you preach is going to get someone hurt. Buy a wing appropriately sized for the cylinders you’re diving.

Please elaborate on this statement.

Unfortunately, the inflator is in the center so it might not work for you.
I have the same wing and the center mount inflator is a non issue with the LP 50's twinned.
Also, Jim, I am looking for a 38lb wing bladder for an older one I have. Any chance you have one???

Who on earth taught you this? Some of the stuff you preach is going to get someone hurt. Buy a wing appropriately sized for the cylinders you’re diving.

I am sure that Dive Rite would like to know that you know more about this subject then them.

I am sure that Dive Rite would like to know that you know more about this subject then them.

The type of diving being done makes a massive difference in what can be safely done. In OW that 'modification' is not much of an entanglement hazard. It absolutely can be in penetrations into overhead environments. I firmly believe Dive Rite wouldn't recommend that setup for caves or shipwreck penetrations. :wink:

I dont like bungee wings in any environment because they can trap air making venting inneficient and if a leak were to occur they can squeeze all air out rendering the wing useless. (For those wondering, No, those two statements actually are not at odds with each other). It's better to get the appropriate equipment.
:)

I think you’re making things up again.

You can pin the outer sections of the Diverite wing to the plate using the gusset bungees and sections of double sided Velcro tape.

you wrap small sections of the Velcro tape onto Itself thru different slots or holes in the plate creating loops and weave the bungee thru the loops.

The only mention of attaching the bungee to the rig is at the end of the video and potentially clipping the ends of the gusset hook to the plate. You’re welcome to call Jared or Lamar and see what they think of restricting the bungee as you describe and not as is advertised or displayed here. The likely outcome of your method is ripping the stitching of the wing or worse because of inconsistent bungee tightness.

angry guy lol
I think you’re making things up again.

The only mention of attaching the bungee to the rig is at the end of the video and potentially clipping the ends of the gusset hook to the plate. You’re welcome to call Jared or Lamar and see what they think of restricting the bungee as you describe and not as is advertised or displayed here. The likely outcome of your method is ripping the stitching of the wing or worse because of inconsistent bungee tightness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom